Subject: [Enum] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-user-00.txt

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:16:26 -0400

To: i-d-announce at ietf.org
From: Internet-Drafts at ietf.org
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:44:08 -0400
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-user-00.txt
X-BeenThere: i-d-announce at ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.5
Reply-To: internet-drafts at ietf.org
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
        <mailto:i-d-announce-request at ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Post: <mailto:i-d-announce at ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:i-d-announce-request at ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
        <mailto:i-d-announce-request at ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
Sender: i-d-announce-bounces at ietf.org
X-SongbirdInformation: support at songbird.com for more information
X-Songbird: Found to be clean
X-Songbird-From: i-d-announce-bounces at ietf.org
X-Keywords: 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

        Title           : IANA Carrier/User enumservice Registration
        Author(s)       : P. Pfautz, et al.
        Filename        : draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-user-00.txt
        Pages           : 10
        Date            : 2005-6-6
This document registers, pursuant to the guidelines in RFC 3761,
   tElephone NUmber Mapping (ENUM) services to allow a single registry
   to support end user and carrier services with independent name
   servers holding the terminal NAPTR (Naming Authority Pointer) records
   identifying the communication services for each.  The to-be-
   registered enumservices make use of non-terminal NAPTR records and
   DDDS (Dynamic Delegation Discovery System) replacement to achieve
   this end.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-user-00.txt
To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-user-00.txt".
A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
Send a message to:
        mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-user-00.txt".
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.
Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <2005-6-6161842.I-D at ietf.org>
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-user-00.txt
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-user-00.txt>
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Michael Haberler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:50:14 -0400

at first glance, this looks like it could resolve the user/carrier 
discussion while subsuming both flavours under one tree, with the 
corresponding cost advantage, and simpler interfacing

A potential issue I could think of - how does this work in a open number 
plan (variable number length, and variable length DDI *extension*) ?

-Michael