Subject: [Enum] VOVI?

From: lconroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:44:48 -0400

Hi Folks,
 as I missed out on the joys of IETF62, and reading through the minutes 
(for which many thanks),
I'm unsure what (if anything) needs to be done for the VOVI draft.

The specification exists in ietf-draft-vovi-02 (and in ETSI TS 102 172),
it's certainly in use (and shortly will be in very widespread use), and
AFAICT it just needs a refresh as it appears to have expired.
For the lazy, the minutes state:
2b. There seems to be a sense that we need to at least discuss some of 
the structure issues in enumservice registrations in general terms 
..this seems to be a warm issue recently with various requirements 
coming out of 3GPP etc . In particular we do not have a TEL URL enum 
registration document as of yet and someone needs to take on that task.
   * VOVI registration draft? Make this a working group item, as 
informational document?
   * Still need a standards-track TEL URL document - we'll clarify all 
this on the list

So...
For clarification on the list, it needs to be available.
I will send it to I-D registrar by Monday, but if anyone has anything 
they
would like added or changed in it **before** I up-issue it, please 
holler.
[This offer does not include swapping the order of the tokens :]

all the best,
  Lawrence
---------------------------------------
lawrence conroy    |tel:+44-1794-833666
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:33:04 -0400

At 08:44 PM 4/21/2005, lconroy wrote:
Hi Folks,
 as I missed out on the joys of IETF62, and reading through the minutes 
(for which many thanks),
I'm unsure what (if anything) needs to be done for the VOVI draft.

yep ..

For the lazy, the minutes state:
2b. There seems to be a sense that we need to at least discuss some of the 
structure issues in enumservice registrations in general terms ..this 
seems to be a warm issue recently with various requirements coming out of 
3GPP etc . In particular we do not have a TEL URL enum registration 
document as of yet and someone needs to take on that task.
Which no one did ..and as co-chair I was reluctant to do so myself.
   * VOVI registration draft? Make this a working group item, as 
informational document?
first it should be resubmitted there was considerable discussion on the 
syntax of some of these ..it certainly time to take a fresh look a them

   * Still need a standards-track TEL URL document - we'll clarify all 
this on the list
and I might add the Number Portability for the TEL URL document from James 
Yu which has been bottled up even longer.

So...
For clarification on the list, it needs to be available.
Let me get this straight ..you want to go ahead and submit the enumservice 
registration document for tel ?

If so ...fine we'll last call it ASAP.
I will send it to I-D registrar by Monday, but if anyone has anything they
would like added or changed in it **before** I up-issue it, please holler.
[This offer does not include swapping the order of the tokens :]
all the best,
  Lawrence
---------------------------------------
lawrence conroy    |tel:+44-1794-833666
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum