Subject: [Enum] Quick clarification

From: lconroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:35:49 -0400

Hi Folks,
  I will respond to Allison's comments tomorrow (and understand 
Richard's
reluctance to go to Paris in August :), but a brief clarification first.

An ENUMservice entry in the IANA registry of ENUMservices requires an
associated specification in an IETF Standards track or Experimental RFC.
One can use whatever strings one wants starting with the "X-" facet for
private or experimental use - that's why we have section 2.4.2.1, para 
2.

See, for example, <http://www.enum.at/index.php?id=381&L=9>, where their
client supports "X-skype:callto" "!\^.*$\!callto:<skypename>!" .
This works for me.
all the best,
  Lawrence
-----------------------------------
Don't Panic! It's already too late|
lawrence conroy|tel:+44-1794-833666
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum