Subject: [Enum] Fwd: [vpim] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vpim-routing-08.txt

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:31:28 -0500

worth reading ...
To: i-d-announce at ietf.org
From: Internet-Drafts at ietf.org
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:37:29 -0500
Cc: vpim at ietf.org
Subject: [vpim] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vpim-routing-08.txt
X-BeenThere: vpim at ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.5
List-Id: Voice Profile for Internet Mail Discussion Archive <vpim.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vpim>,
        <mailto:vpim-request at ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Post: <mailto:vpim at ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:vpim-request at ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vpim>,
        <mailto:vpim-request at ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
Sender: vpim-bounces at ietf.org
X-Keywords: 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail Working 
Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Voice Message Routing Service
        Author(s)       : G. Vaudreuil
        Filename        : draft-ietf-vpim-routing-08.txt
        Pages           : 10
        Date            : 2005-2-2
Voice messaging is traditionally addressed using telephone number
addressing. This document describes two techniques for routing voice
messages based on a telephone number.  The VPIM Directory service
provides a directory mechanism to lookup a VPIM email address with a
telephone number and confirm that the address is both valid and the
associated with the intended recipient.  However this service will
take time become widely deployed in the nearest term.  This document
also describes a more limited send-and-pray service useful simply to
route and deliver messages using only the ENUM telephone number
resolution service and the existing DNS mail routing facilies.
Please send comments on this document to the VPIM working group
mailing list <vpim at lists.neystadt.org>
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-routing-08.txt
To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-vpim-routing-08.txt".
A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
Send a message to:
        mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-routing-08.txt".
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.
Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <2005-2-2143537.I-D at ietf.org>
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-routing-08.txt
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-routing-08.txt>
_______________________________________________
VPIM mailing list
VPIM at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vpim

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum