Subject: [Enum] Enumservices - the list so far?

From: lconroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:29:03 -0500

Hi Folks,
 I've looked at the webft draft and RFC3761 (again), and on reflection 
I'd prefer to be able to leave the service name as the "root", using 
the full form of <type>:<sub-type> only if there can be confusion 
between the behaviour of two specific sub-types.

Herewith a complete list of the Enumservices that I'm aware of that 
have been through the IETF mill so far.
I hope that this is correct and spells out that to expect, taking into 
account RFC3761 section 2.4.2.
If not, comments gratefully received.

In the case of webft, the services are:
name = "web", type = "web", sub-type = "http", generated URI scheme = 
"http:"
name = "web", type = "web", sub-type = "https", generated URI scheme = 
"https:"
name = "ft", type = "ft", sub-type = "ftp", generated URI scheme = 
"ftp:"

In draft-ietf-enum-void-00.txt, the service is:
name = "void", type = "void", sub-type = "mailto", generated URI scheme 
= "mailto:"
name = "void", type = "void", sub-type = "http", generated URI scheme = 
"http:"
name = "void", type = "void", sub-type = "https", generated URI scheme 
= "https:"

In draft-ietf-enum-msg-03.txt, the current (-03) list of services are:
name = "email", type = "email", sub-type = "mailto", generated URI 
scheme = "mailto:"
name = "fax", type = "fax", sub-type = "tel", generated URI scheme = 
"tel:"
name = "sms", type = "sms", sub-type = "tel", generated URI scheme = 
"tel:"
name = "sms", type = "sms", sub-type = "mailto", generated URI scheme = 
"mailto:"
name = "ems", type = "ems", sub-type = "tel", generated URI scheme = 
"tel:"
name = "ems", type = "ems", sub-type = "mailto", generated URI scheme = 
"mailto:"
name = "mms", type = "mms", sub-type = "tel", generated URI scheme = 
"tel:"
name = "mms", type = "mms", sub-type = "mailto", generated URI scheme = 
"mailto:"

In draft-ietf-fax-faxservice-enum-03.txt (in the RFC Editor Queue), the 
service is:
name = "ifax", type = "ifax", sub-type = "mailto", generated URI scheme 
= "mailto:"

Using this (RFC3761 section 2.4.2/3.1) form, I'd hope that RFC3762 will 
be/is:
name = "h323", type = "h323", sub-type = "", generated URI scheme = 
"h323:"

RFC3764 will be/is:
name = "sip", type = "sip", sub-type = "", generated URI scheme = "sip:"
RFC3861 will be/is:
name = "pres", type = "pres", "sub-type="", generated URI scheme = 
"pres:"

Finally, for those people who like "lost in space", for completeness, 
the services
in draft-brandner-enumservice-vovi-02.txt are:
name = "voice", type = "voice", sub-type = "tel", generated URI scheme 
= "tel:"
name = "video", type = "video", sub-type = "tel", generated URI scheme 
= "tel:"

all the best,
  Lawrence
---------------------------------------
lawrence conroy    |tel:+44-1794-833666
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum