Subject: [Enum] Fwd: [vpim] Last Call: 'Voice Messaging Directory Service' to Proposed Standard

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:46:20 -0500

well you had better get your comments in now ... personally I dont see a 
problem with Greg's definitions.

To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce at ietf.org>
From: The IESG <iesg-secretary at ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:07:01 -0500
Cc: vpim at ietf.org
Subject: [vpim] Last Call: 'Voice Messaging Directory Service' to Proposed
        Standard
Reply-To: iesg at ietf.org
Sender: vpim-bounces at ietf.org

The IESG has received a request from the Voice Profile for Internet Mail WG to
consider the following documents:
- 'Voice Messaging Directory Service '
   <draft-ietf-vpim-vpimdir-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard
- 'Voice Message Routing Service '
   <draft-ietf-vpim-routing-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard
The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
iesg at ietf.org or ietf at ietf.org mailing lists by 2005-02-17.
The files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-vpimdir-09.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-routing-08.txt
_______________________________________________
VPIM mailing list
VPIM at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vpim

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: lconroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:00:57 -0500

Hi Rich,
  I have one comment on this draft as it stands - over my dead and 
smoking body.

'voice' (as an Enumservice type) has already been "booked" in the VOVI 
drafts.
Vovi-02 has only just expired, and we haven't yet shipped Vovi-3 only 
to refresh
it as we're awaiting clarification on what the heck happened with 
Vovi's last call
- this was to have taken place once we updated the draft to reflect 
concerns with
Vovi-1, which we did, since which time...

As the Enumservice type 'voice' is the 'top' of the IANA tree, we can't 
have two
totally different Enumservices with the same type string, even if they 
have different
subtypes.

BTW, that's why it's an interesting choice to do Enumservices in 
separate WGs,
and it's why many thanks to Rich for cross-posting, as I'm not on the 
vpim ML
- why would I be? Then again, why would a VPIMmer be bothered with the 
ENUM ML?

The vpim:mailto in -routing-08 is fine, it's just the voice:dir that's 
a problem.
Can we sort this clash please?

all the best,
  Lawrence
On 3 Feb 2005, at 16:10, Richard Shockey wrote:
well you had better get your comments in now ... personally I dont see 
a problem with Greg's definitions.

To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce at ietf.org>
From: The IESG <iesg-secretary at ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:07:01 -0500
Cc: vpim at ietf.org
Subject: [vpim] Last Call: 'Voice Messaging Directory Service' to 
Proposed
        Standard
X-BeenThere: vpim at ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.5
Reply-To: iesg at ietf.org
List-Id: Voice Profile for Internet Mail Discussion Archive 
<vpim.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vpim>,
        <mailto:vpim-request at ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Post: <mailto:vpim at ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:vpim-request at ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vpim>,
        <mailto:vpim-request at ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
Sender: vpim-bounces at ietf.org
X-Keywords:

The IESG has received a request from the Voice Profile for Internet 
Mail WG to
consider the following documents:

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 
815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or 
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

---------------------------------------
lawrence conroy    |tel:+44-1794-833666
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum