Subject: [Enum] Agenda Items for Minneapolis - Continued

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:54:52 -0500

Again I'd like suggestions again for agenda items so I can finalize this by 
early next week

What we have so far is
1. Discussion of the ENUM dip indicator on behalf of the IPTEL WG.
2. Status from Patrik on what is happening with the IANA and enumservice 
registrations.

2b. There seems to be a sense that we need to at least discuss some of the 
structure issues in enumservice registrations in general terms ..this seems 
to be a warm issue recently with various requirements coming out of 3GPP 
etc . In particular we do not have a TEL URL enum registration document as 
of yet and someone needs to take on that task.

4. Issues related to  IRIS for ENUM  -- We have had no in-depth discussion 
of this draft on the list and we'd like to see more.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-iris-ereg-00.txt
5. New Item Enumservice registrations for Conferencing  Alan Johnston
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-enum-conf-service-00.txt
5. In private discussions with folks there seems to me a demonstrable need 
to create a SOAP binding for EPP-164. I believe this is an extremely 
important project and I'd like to see if there is A. sufficient interest in 
the project and if there is sufficient interest B. find some folks who 
would be willing to work on the draft.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-epp-e164-08.txt
6. ENUM Validation update  w/  Bernie Hoeneisen - Bernie do you have a 
update in the ID hopper?

7 .Status of ENUM Operational Experiences draft?
5. WG next steps ?
Thoughts ?

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:49:35 -0500

At 10:12 AM 2/17/2005, lconroy wrote:
Hi Kim,
 are these briefing notes to be in the form of a Liaison from SA2 (who as I'm
sure you know are standardising IMS in 3GPP) to the IETF, to go with the other
Liaisons and extensive co-operative work that has already been carried out?
I was unaware that an SA2 Liaison was headed this way.
Are they aware IETF handles enumservice the registrations through IANA?

all the best,
  Lawrence
On 17 Feb 2005, at 10:48, Fullbrook Kim (UK) wrote:
An agenda item suggestion concerns the need to have the IMS enumservice
registered for the IMS operators. Haven't seen this mentioned so assume
there's nothing already in progress ?  If it's not already under way then I
am willing to volunteer to take it on and discuss exactly what is needed
within the IMS community. Apologies in advance that I won't be able to
attend the Minneapolis meeting but I can brief the WG Chair.
Kim Fullbrook
O2 UK
---------------------------------------
lawrence conroy    |tel:+44-1794-833666
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:49:37 -0500

At 09:00 AM 2/17/2005, Stastny Richard wrote:
Kim,
since there is no I-D yet in dealing with an enumservice IMS, could you 
plese be more
specific why this enumservice is required by IMS operators, which URI schemes
it should use and what is the reason IMS cannot use the enumservices already
registered, proposed in I-Ds or at least specified in ETSI TS 102 127.

> If it's not already under way then I am willing to volunteer to take it 
on and
> discuss exactly what is needed within the IMS community.

Good idea.
>but I can brief the WG Chair.
I cannot speak here for the chair(s), but what do you want them to do then?
Really ..what do you want the ENUM WG Chairs to do?
Briefing the mailing list audience and submitting an I-D would help.
That is the preferred method ..however if there is a specific need for 
Liaison here to coordinate between standards bodies like 3GPP Patrik and I 
need to know that.

Personal remark: from the discussions we had with 3GPP representatives at 
the last
ETSI TISPAN WG4 meeing in January I had not the impression that a specific IMS
enumservice (neither as type or subtype) is required in addition to the 
already existing
enumservices.

Richard
________________________________
Von: enum-bounces at ietf.org im Auftrag von Fullbrook Kim (UK)
Gesendet: Do 17.02.2005 11:48
An: 'Richard Shockey'
Cc: 'enum at ietf.org'
Betreff: RE: [Enum] Agenda Items for Minneapolis - Continued

An agenda item suggestion concerns the need to have the IMS enumservice 
registered for the IMS operators. Haven't seen this mentioned so assume 
there's nothing already in progress ?  If it's not already under way then 
I am willing to volunteer to take it on and discuss exactly what is needed 
within the IMS community. Apologies in advance that I won't be able to 
attend the Minneapolis meeting but I can brief the WG Chair.

Kim Fullbrook
O2 UK
-----Original Message-----
From: enum-bounces at ietf.org [mailto:enum-bounces at ietf.org] On Behalf Of 
Richard Shockey
Sent: 16 February 2005 15:53
To: enum at ietf.org
Subject: [Enum] Agenda Items for Minneapolis - Continued

PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 
815.333.1237

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum
________________________________
========================================================
This electronic message contains information from the mmO2 plc Group
which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to
be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you
have received this electronic message in error, please notify us
by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.
========================================================

---

From: "Fullbrook Kim (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 05:26:25 -0500

Thanks for the info. I'll continue the discussions off-line with interested parties about the best way forward for this area. From my perspective, no need at present for a related agenda item at the Minneapolis meeting.

Kim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Shockey [mailto:richard at shockey.us] 
Sent: 19 February 2005 05:43
To: lconroy; Fullbrook Kim (UK)
Cc: 'enum at ietf.org' ENUM
Subject: Re: [Enum] Agenda Items for Minneapolis - Continued

>>attend the Minneapolis meeting but I can brief the WG Chair.

========================================================This electronic message contains information from the mmO2 plc Group which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended tobe for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are notthe intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copyingdistribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If youhave received this electronic message in error, please notify usby telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.========================================================
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum