Subject: [Enum] Protocol Action: 'E.164 Number Mapping for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:27:03 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'E.164 Number Mapping for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-enum-epp-e164-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

Technical Summary

   ENUM (RFC 3761) describes how the Domain Name System (DNS) can be 
   used to identify services associated with an E.164 number.  The EPP (RFC
   3730) mapping described in this document specifies a mechanism for 
   the provisioning and management of E.164 numbers stored in a shared central
   repository.  Information exchanged via this mapping can be extracted
   from the repository and used to publish DNS resource records as
   described in ENUM.  Examples used in this document were chosen
   specifically to illustrate provisioning concepts for the example
   resource records described in the ENUM specification.
  
Working Group Summary
 
 The working group strongly supported this work.  At the time of development,
 there was no longer a working group for EPP, but the principle of extensions
 for EPP has been for them to be developed in their subject working groups.

 There was one Last Call comment with a concern about a capability, but this
  concern was well addressed by discussion on the IETF mailing list, and the
  commenter withdrew the concern.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The document was reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin.  This specification
 has been prototyped.  IESG review required a small revision to improve the
 alignment of the document with RFC 3761.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum