Subject: [Enum] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-03.txt

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 05:30:09 -0400

I forward this since one and a while I see discussions of the use of Wild 
Cards in ENUM ...

To: i-d-announce at ietf.org
From: Internet-Drafts at ietf.org
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:38:19 -0400
Cc: namedroppers at ops.ietf.org
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-03.txt
X-BeenThere: i-d-announce at ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.5
Reply-To: internet-drafts at ietf.org
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
        <mailto:i-d-announce-request at ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Post: <mailto:i-d-announce at ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:i-d-announce-request at ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
        <mailto:i-d-announce-request at ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
Sender: i-d-announce-bounces at ietf.org
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Clarifying the Role of Wild Card Domains in the 
Domain
                          Name System
        Author(s)       : E. Lewis
        Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-03.txt
        Pages           : 18
        Date            : 2004-10-11

The definition of wild cards is recast from the original in RFC 1034,
in words that are more specific and in line with RFC 2119.  This
document is meant to supplement the definition in RFC 1034 and to
alter neither the spirit nor intent of that definition.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-03.txt
To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-03.txt".
A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
Send a message to:
        mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-03.txt".
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.
Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <2004-10-11155131.I-D at ietf.org>
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-03.txt
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-03.txt>
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum