Subject: [Enum] Last Call Agenda ENUM WG IETF 60

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:06:34 -0400

Last Call ... there will be an additional Agenda for the BOF shortly.
WEDNESDAY, August 4, 2004
1130-1300 Break
1300-1500 Afternoon Sessions I
 IRTF asrg       Anti Spam Working Group
OPS  capwap     Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points WG
OPS  dnsop      Domain Name System Operations WG *
RTG  rpsec      Routing Protocol Security Requirements WG
SEC  krbwg      Kerberos WG
TSV  enum       Telephone and Number Mapping WG
TSV  mmusic     Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG *
Chair(s):
Patrik Faltstrom <paf at cisco.com>
Richard Shockey <rich.shockey at neustar.biz>
Transport Area Advisor:
Allison Mankin  <mankin at psg.com>
Mailing Lists:
General Discussion:enum at ietf.org
To Subscribe: enum-request at ietf.org
In Body: subscribe
Archive: ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/enum/
AGENDA BASHING (5 min)  ( appointment of scribe etc) Ok who wants to 
volunteer?

# 1 Review of the ENUM Operations Document [ 10 Min]
Title           : ENUM Implementation Issues and Experiences
        Author(s)       : L. Conroy, K. Fujiwara
        Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-experiences-00.txt
        Pages           : 0
        Date            : 2004-7-12
This document captures experience in implementing systems based on
  the ENUM protocol, and experience of ENUM data that have been created
  by others. As such, it is informational only, and produced as a help
  to others in reporting what is "out there" and the potential pitfalls
  in interpreting the set of documents that specify the protocol.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-experiences-00.txt
# 2 Overview of the cost optimization of telecommunication connections 
based on ENUM as described in the ID 
"draft-bartosiewicz-enterprise-enum-00.txt".[ 10 Min]

# 3 Disposition of    [ 10 Min]
Title           : E.164 Number Mapping for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol
        Author(s)       : S. Hollenbeck
        Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-epp-e164-04.txt
        Pages           : 17
        Date            : 2004-6-8
This document describes an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
   extension mapping for the provisioning and management of E.164
   numbers representing domain names stored in a shared central
   repository. Specified in XML, this mapping extends the EPP domain
   name mapping to provide additional features required for the
   provisioning of E.164 numbers.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-epp-e164-04.txt
I'd very much like to come to some conclusion on how this document should 
progress. IMHO it is an extremely valuable addition to the work effort but 
it has not had much discussion on the list. Perhaps Experimental. I dont 
know. As we see deployments progressing the entire issue of provisioning 
has not IMHO received sufficient attention.

#4 ENUM VOID [ 10 Min]
Title           : IANA Registration for enumservice void
        Author(s)       : R. Stastny, L. Conroy
        Filename        : draft-stastny-enum-void-00.txt
        Pages           : 7
        Date            : 2004-7-13
This document registers the 'ENUMservice' 'void' using the URI
   scheme 'mailto:' as per the IANA registration process defined in the
   ENUM specification RFC3761 [2]. This 'ENUMservice' SHALL be used to
   indicate that the E.164 number or E.164 number range connected to
   the domain used in DNS as described in [2] is not assigned to an
   end-user in case of an E.164 number or to a communication service
   provider in case of an E.164 number range.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stastny-enum-void-00.txt
The on to the Carrier ENUM Mini-BOF [ 1 hour ]
A. Introduction to the problem statement  ( R. Shockey)
This discussion will focus only on Requirements and not on specific solutions.

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum