Subject: Re: ENUM Privacy (was RE: [Enum] User ENUM vs Operator ENUM)

From: "Clive D.W. Feather" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:28:14 -0400

Stastny Richard said:
>> Richard, *please* fix your mail software. It is very annoying to get
>> needless base-64 encodings of UTF-8 that's actually just ASCII text.
>> Even more irritating is finding a mail tool to translate that encoding
>> back to ASCII so that your words of wisdom can be read. Grrr!

> On the other hand, I consider UTF-8 as a valid standard and seemingly
> most normal mail SW is able to understand it. Even the IETF archive
> has been updated to decipher it.

Your mail is arriving here in quoted-printable, not base64. I don't know
why he's complaining.

And both Mutt and Turnpike seem to be able to handle your emails with no
difficulty whatsoever; in fact, I had to make an effort to find out what
all the fuss was about.

-- 
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:    +44 20 8495 6138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Mobile: +44 7973 377646
Thus plc            |                            |

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum