Subject: [Enum] Libel from Jim Reid

From: "Clive D.W. Feather" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:31:54 -0400

I have just received the message:

     ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
  <jim at rfc1035.com>
      (reason: 550 5.0.0 Mail from spammers is refused - get lost.)

     ----- Transcript of session follows -----
  ... while talking to gromit.rfc1035.com.:
  >>> MAIL From:<clive at demon.net>
  <<< 550 5.0.0 Mail from spammers is refused - get lost.
  554 5.0.0 <jim at rfc1035.com>... Service unavailable

I am not and never have been a spammer, and I consider this libel
unacceptable. I am a subscriber to this list in good standing, and see no
reason why I should be treated like this.

-- 
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:    +44 20 8495 6138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Mobile: +44 7973 377646
Thus plc            |                            |

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 23:56:12 -0400

Clive and all,

  I also recieved one of these.  What's the deal or Real problem here?

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
"Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
    Pierre Abelard

"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
United States v. Carroll Towing  (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
===============================================================
Updated 1/26/04
CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
E-Mail jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827