Subject: [Enum] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-00.txt

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:34:03 -0400

To: i-d-announce at ietf.org
From: Internet-Drafts at ietf.org
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:27:43 -0400
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-00.txt
X-BeenThere: i-d-announce at ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.5
Reply-To: internet-drafts at ietf.org
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
        <mailto:i-d-announce-request at ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Post: <mailto:i-d-announce at ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:i-d-announce-request at ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
        <mailto:i-d-announce-request at ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
Sender: i-d-announce-bounces at ietf.org
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

        Title           : A Combined User/Carrier ENUM
        Author(s)       : P. Pfautz, S. Lind
        Filename        : draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-00.txt
        Pages           : 5
        Date            : 2004-7-8
This document considers how so-called "carrier" or
     "infrastructure" ENUM and "end user" or "public" ENUM can share a
     single Tier 1 registry yet have independent Tier 2 providers. This
     approach allows the common cooperative infrastructure required by
     ENUM to be shared by end users and carriers reducing costs and
     facilitating adoption of ENUM generally. The essence of the
     proposal is to populate the Tier 1 registry with non-terminal
     NAPTRs rather than NS records and use different ENUM service
     fields for carrier and end user records.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-00.txt
To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-00.txt".
A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
Send a message to:
        mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-00.txt".
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.
Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <2004-7-9115145.I-D at ietf.org>
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-00.txt
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-00.txt>
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum