Subject: [Enum] Fwd: Protocol Action: 'IFAX service of ENUM' to Proposed Standard

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:31:42 -0400

From: The IESG <iesg-secretary at ietf.org>
To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce at ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:24:56 -0400
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <iab at iab.org>,
   fax chair <tamura at toda.ricoh.co.jp>, fax chair 
<Claudio.Allocchio at garr.it>,
   fax mailing list <ietf-fax at imc.org>, RFC Editor 
<rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org>
Subject: Protocol Action: 'IFAX service of ENUM' to Proposed Standard
X-BeenThere: ietf-announce at ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.5
List-Id: ietf-announce.ietf.org
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce>,
        <mailto:ietf-announce-request at ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Post: <mailto:ietf-announce at ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:ietf-announce-request at ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce>,
        <mailto:ietf-announce-request at ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
Sender: ietf-announce-bounces at ietf.org

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IFAX service of ENUM '
   <draft-ietf-fax-faxservice-enum-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard
This document is the product of the Internet Fax Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Scott Hollenbeck and Ted Hardie.
Technical Summary
This document describes the functional specification and the
definition of the ENUM NAPTR record for IFax service. IFax is
"Facsimile using Internet Mail".  For this use, the DNS returns
the email address of the referenced IFax system. This mechanism
allows email-based fax communication to use telephone numbers,
rather than requiring that the sender already know the recipient
email address.
Working Group Summary
This document was reviewed by both the FAX and ENUM working groups.
The FAX working group reached consensus on the document, and review
by the ENUM working group was requested.  Comments provided by the
ENUM working group were received and incorporated to produce the
document.
Protocol Quality
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed the specification for the IESG.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
IETF-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum