Subject: [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-experiences-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:47:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ENUM Implementation Issues and Experiences
	Author(s)	: L. Conroy, K. Fujiwara
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-experiences-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2004-7-12
	
This document captures experience in implementing systems based on
  the ENUM protocol, and experience of ENUM data that have been created
  by others. As such, it is informational only, and produced as a help
  to others in reporting what is "out there" and the potential pitfalls
  in interpreting the set of documents that specify the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-experiences-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-enum-experiences-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-experiences-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-experiences-00.txt>

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:43:59 -0400

Hi folks,
  Why is it that you click the send button, and THEN see the typos?
In the penultimate sentence of the 3rd paragraph of section 3.1 of
this fine document there's something that might confuse the confusable.
    To clarify:
"For example, a NAPTR with a "sip" ENUMservice may have a
low ORDER field value, and yet is chosen before a NAPTR with an "h323"
ENUMservice and a high ORDER value".
    means:
"For example, a NAPTR with a "sip" ENUMservice may have a
"losing" ORDER field value, and yet is chosen before a NAPTR with an
"h323" ENUMservice and a "winning" ORDER value".
It does not mean low as in numerically smaller value and high as 
numerically larger
value.

We now return you to your prognostications on Privacy and Golden vs. 
Silver trees.

(on the latter, perhaps (i) we should include "glass tree" to describe 
a tree that
is transparent to most users and (ii) given the level of philosophical 
discussion,
 if a tree is invisible, does it make a sound when it crashes?).

all the best,
  Lawrence
On 12 Jul 2004, at 20:38, Internet-Drafts at ietf.org wrote:
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working 
Group of the IETF.