Subject: [Enum] A note from your chairs on the Agenda for IETF 60 including this discussion on Carrier ENUM

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:18:09 -0400

The chairs and the AD'd have had several communications on what should be 
the next steps for this discussion.

It was our collective consensus that giving timing and the availability of 
slots it would not be a practical idea to attempt to schedule a separate 
BOF on the discussion of Carrier ENUM.

Consequently what we propose to do is split the 2 hour meeting time into 2 
1 hour parts. (I was unable to secure one of the 2 1/2 hour slots).

The first hour will be devoted to normal business including the discussion 
items we have already identified which Patrik and I will chair in the 
normal manner.

The second hour will then shift to a discussion of Carrier - Infrastructure 
ENUM ( what ever you want to call it ) That discussion will be led by James 
Seng and Richard Stastny with myself providing continuity and context to 
the existing work.

Individuals wishing to make formal ID contributions and or requesting time 
to speak on Carrier ENUM discussions are requested to get your ID 
documentation in a soon a possible and request time from the mini-BOF chairs.

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 16:22:59 -0400

At
The second hour will then shift to a discussion of Carrier - 
Infrastructure ENUM ( what ever you want to call it ) That discussion will 
be led by James Seng and Richard Stastny with myself providing continuity 
and context to the existing work.

I should have added to this note that the Carrier ENUM mini-BOF should be 
limited to a discussion of :

1. The problem statement. To this end I'm reminded of Steve Lind's succinct 
proposal

1a: What are the issues/problems that need to be addressed?
1b: What are the reasons that "Public" ENUM can't solve them?
2. Requirements for a solution without a specific recommendation on what 
that technology may or may not be appropriate.