Subject: [Enum] Fwd: [Sipping] RFC 3824 on Using E.164 numbers with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:59:13 -0400

To: ietf-announce at ietf.org
From: rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:24:46 -0700
Cc: sipping at ietf.org, rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
Subject: [Sipping] RFC 3824 on Using E.164 numbers with the Session
        Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Sender: sipping-bounces at ietf.org

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.
        RFC 3824
        Title:      Using E.164 numbers with the Session Initiation
                    Protocol (SIP)
        Author(s):  J. Peterson, H. Liu, J. Yu, B. Campbell
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    jon.peterson at neustar.biz, hong.liu at neustar.biz,
                    james.yu at neustar.biz, bcampbell at dynamicsoft.com
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 36535
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-e164-04.txt
        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3824.txt
There are a number of contexts in which telephone numbers are
employed by Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) applications, many of
which can be addressed by ENUM.  Although SIP was one of the primary
applications for which ENUM was created, there is nevertheless a need
to define procedures for integrating ENUM with SIP
implementations.  This document illustrates how the two protocols
might work in concert, and clarifies the authoring and processing of
ENUM records for SIP applications.  It also provides guidelines for
instances in which ENUM, for whatever reason, cannot be used to
resolve a telephone number.
This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.
This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.
This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to IETF-REQUEST at IETF.ORG.  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to RFC-DIST-REQUEST at RFC-EDITOR.ORG.
Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to rfc-info at RFC-EDITOR.ORG with the message body
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:
        To: rfc-info at RFC-EDITOR.ORG
        Subject: getting rfcs
        help: ways_to_get_rfcs
Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to RFC-Manager at RFC-EDITOR.ORG.  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
RFC-EDITOR at RFC-EDITOR.ORG.  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.
Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute
...
Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <040629161550.RFC at RFC-EDITOR.ORG>
RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc3824
<ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3824.txt>
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use sip-implementors at cs.columbia.edu for questions on current sip
Use sip at ietf.org for new developments of core SIP

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum