Subject: [Enum] Re: IP claims that may impact ENUM

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 08:02:13 -0400

The HP patent mentioned in the ITU-T study group 2 contribution
is U.S. patent 6,131,095

The original application for this patent was filed on Dec 11, 1996 - which
provides a default date of invention of Dec 11, 1995.  RFC 1486 was published
in July 1993.  The only RFC referenced in the patent is RFC 1034.

You can see the text of the patent at the US patent office web site
type the patent number in the blank on
http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/srchnum.htm

The other IPR is a UK patent application and UK patent GB2365674B

I have not figured out how to find the text of UK patents on-line
if someone knows please let me know

tnx

Scott

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Jim Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 09:40:33 -0400

>>>>> "Scott" == Scott Bradner <sob at harvard.edu> writes:

    Scott> The other IPR is a UK patent application and UK patent
    Scott> GB2365674B

According to the UK Patent Office web site, this was filed on 26/5/2000.

    Scott> I have not figured out how to find the text of UK patents
    Scott> on-line if someone knows please let me know

It seems that the actual patents are not available on-line. Though I
suspect they are available for a fee. [Her Majesty's Government likes
to make public services like the Patent Office pay their own way.]
Details of UK patent filings however are available at:
	http://webdb4.patent.gov.uk/patents

In the small print, this web page says that "the Patent Office cannot
undertake the free provision of additional information relating to the
results you obtain from this service".

---

From: "Desiree Miloshevic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:05:51 -0400

>According to the UK Patent Office web site, this was filed on 26/5/2000.

Jim, how did you get that data?
I tried entering the number in the db below and it said publicaiton number
invalid?

Des
--

---

From: Jim Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:57:09 -0400

>>>>> "Desiree" == Desiree Miloshevic <dmiloshevic at afilias.info> writes:

    Desiree> Jim, how did you get that data?  I tried entering the
    Desiree> number in the db below and it said publicaiton number
    Desiree> invalid?

The web site implies Publication Numbers end in digits, not a letter
Dropping the trailing 'B' from the reference Scott quoted will work.

---

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 21:05:11 -0400

Desiree and all,

  The correct filing nmber is GB2365674, without the "B" on the end..

>         http://webdb4.patent.gov.uk/patents

Regards,
--
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
"Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
    Pierre Abelard

"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
United States v. Carroll Towing  (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
===============================================================
Updated 1/26/04
CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
E-Mail jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827