Subject: AW: AW: AW: [Iptel] FW: [Enum] Summary on NoPSTN dicussion

From: "Stastny Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 05:05:02 -0500

If you have an ENUM-only number, then the GW needs to know which GW that 
	number is homed to, and preferably route within the IP domain to that 
	GW.  
	[Jim McE] If you have an ENUM-only number, wouldn't the PSTN just route to the nearest ENUM enabled GW where an ENUM dip would be done so the call could be routed to the end device in the IP domain? 

	[Richard] Yes, there is no such thing as a hone GW.

	This is where the carrier ENUM entry would help. 

	If this ENUM-only belongs to a user (and not associated with a carrier?), I 
	hope they have an entry in ENUM.  What does it mean to have an ENUM-only 
	number and to not opt-in?  
	[Jim McE] I've wondered about this one myself. Is it a valid scenario? Should we worry about it? 

	[Richard] Thsi is depending on national regulations. I principle you do not need a
	Carrier, just a Tier 2 names server and a registrar.

	Richard

��j)b�	b�ק�h���+�m����5��_��?�������+-�w����

---

From: Michael Hammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:45:33 -0400

Richard,

The effect of your statement below (no home GW) is that an ENUM-only number 
MUST be registered.  There is no opt-in.

Mike

At 12:02 PM 4/3/2004 +0200, Stastny Richard wrote:

        If you have an ENUM-only number, then the GW needs to know which 
GW that
        number is homed to, and preferably route within the IP domain to 
that
        GW.
        [Jim McE] If you have an ENUM-only number, wouldn't the PSTN just 
route to the nearest ENUM enabled GW where an ENUM dip would be done so 
the call could be routed to the end device in the IP domain?

        If this ENUM-only belongs to a user (and not associated with a 
carrier?), I
        hope they have an entry in ENUM.  What does it mean to have an 
ENUM-only
        number and to not opt-in?
        [Jim McE] I've wondered about this one myself. Is it a valid 
scenario? Should we worry about it?

        [Richard] Thsi is depending on national regulations. I principle 
you do not need a
        Carrier, just a Tier 2 names server and a registrar.

        Richard

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum