Subject: [Enum] ETSI TS 102 172 V2 draft

From: "Stastny Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:27:26 +0100

Dear colleagues,

The basis of the European ENUM trials is currently ETSI TS 102 172 "Minimum
Requirements for the interoperability of European ENUM trials"

This document has been approved by ETSI one year ago and has since then be
used by the most European and also by other ENUM trials worldwide. It defines
temporarily a number of still undefined (by IETF/IANA) _enumservices_  and
also give advice on the processing of NAPTR records by clients.

It was already decided by ETSI to revisit the document after some period of time to 
include some experiences from the trials.

Therefor an update to V2 is now under discussion, containing beside some editorial
changes and updated references the following major changes:

-The regular expression SHALL not include the case insensitive flag "i" at the end of the field.

-the enumservice for redirection is using the tel: URI instead the enum: URI

-and the enumservices sms, ems and mms may use in addition to the subtype tel also
the subtypes and therefore the URIs mailto and sip (e.g. sms:sip or sms:mailto)

The reason is to enable UA and also SMSC/MMSC to query ENUM and route the SMS/MMS
according to the end-users preference on the Internet.

The intention is to potentilly enable all numbers in ENUM to receive SMS/MMS.

The new draft can be found at:
http://enum.nic.at/documents/ETSI/Drafts/0003-02bTD030%20Draft%20ts2172v020001.doc

best regards

Richard

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum