Subject: [Enum] ENUM/SIP BoF @ APRICOT 2004

From: James Seng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:30:01 +0800

FYI.

--- CUT HERE ---

Introduction

Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is an application-layer control 
protocol that can be used to establish, maintain, and terminate (IP 
telephony) calls between two or more endpoints. It is developed by the 
Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) for multimedia conferencing over 
IP RFC 2543. SIP endpoints are identified by an sip address in the form 
of sip:[email-masked].

Electronic Numbering or ENUM is a protocol that transform a telephone 
numbers into a format for storing and retrieving Internet addressing 
information. It uses Internet domain name system (DNS) to resolve 
telephone numbers to network resources. For example, +65 6411 1040 wil 
be transform into 0.4.0.1.1.1.4.6.5.6.e164.arpa which will be resolve 
into sip:[email-masked].

With ENUM, you are able to use a numeric telephone number to establish 
SIP (or H.323) voice call instead. Beside IP Telephony, other uses of 
ENUM includes unified messaging where user can reach multiple point of 
contacts (phone, fax, homepage, emails) via a single number.

ENUM/SIP BoF gathers people from the region who are deploying ENUM (and 
SIP)

* to share information and experiences;
* to discuss common problems and solutions;
* to find areas of collobrations;

  Date   : 25th Feb 2004 (Wednesday)
  Time   : 6pm to 9pm
  Venue  : [APRICOT 2004, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia]
  Room   : TBD

  Scribe : Ching Chiao

Agenda

  1800-1805    Agenda bashing (5mins)
  1805-1810    Welcome and Introduction (5mins)

  Presentations (15mins each)
  1810-1825    CNNIC's status update on ENUM, CNNIC, Lee Xiaodong
  1825-1840    ENUM activities in Japan, JPNIC, Hiro Hotta/Yoshiro Yoneya
  1840-1855    <TBD>, KRNIC, Sungwoo Shin
  1855-1910    SIP/ENUM development in Taiwan, TWNIC, Ching Chiao
  1910-1925    Status of ENUM/SIP deployment in Singapore, IDA
               (Singapore), Dickson Loh

  1925-2100    Open Discussion

  * "Asian ENUM Cooperation Body/Committee? or regular meeting" proposed 
by Sungwoo Shin
  * "e164.arpa delegation issues" proposed by James Seng

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum