Subject: [Enum] Protocol Action: 'The E.164 to URI DDDS Application (ENUM)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:46:42 -0500

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'The E.164 to URI DDDS Application (ENUM) '
   <draft-ietf-enum-rfc2916bis-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

Technical Summary

This document specifies how DNS can be used for identifying available
services connected to one E.164 number. It specifically obsoletes RFC
2916 to bring it in line with the Dynamic Delegation Discovery System
(DDDS) Application specification found in RFC 3401 and its companion
RFCs.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  The working group strongly supported advancement of the draft, after
  careful technical review.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  There are currently in prototype use several implementations of this
  draft, and registries of services following the format here are under
  active development. The document was reviewed for the IESG by Allison
  Mankin.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum