Subject: [Enum] Impl.Issues: 6 - detection of Non-final loop in ENUM query

From: "Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:47:47 +0000

Hi folks,
   here's another choice that Clients have to make when dealing with non-finals.

Q: Is is necessary to keep a full "domain traversed" list for each 
ENUM query, or
    is it sufficient to just keep a "recursion count", detecting a 
loop by the count
    expiring?
    Q: If the latter is OK, then how many non-final domain traversals 
is reasonable
       for a query?

Our Client currently sets a recurstion limit of 5, so that, if non-final
references are encountered within an ENUM query, when the references are more
than 4 deep it classifies this as a loop and continues where it left off
(see issue 5 for the related question :).

Can anyone think of a case where one might reasonably expect any deeper
nesting, or where immediate loop detection is required?

all the best,
   Lawrence
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roke Manor Research    : This information is provided "as is" and is not
<mailto:[email-masked]>: intended to create any contractual or legal
<tel:+441794833666>    : relationship.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum