Subject: [Enum] Impl.Issues: 2 - Reservation of E2U

From: "Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:18:26 +0000

Hi Folks,
   here's an issue we've come across when looking at ENUM domain 
content "out there".
Some NAPTRs use the soon-to-be obsolescent (2916) syntax, whilst 
others use the syntax defined in 2916bis -
(i.e. the E2U is at the rightmost or leftmost end of hte services field).

As one should be 'liberal in what one accepts' (and both forms are 
"out there"), it is
appropriate to process both forms. However, I think that this does 
mean that there should
NOT be a valid ENUMservice with the token 'E2U' (or 'e2u' or 'e2U' or 'E2u').

[For those old enough, this is a shade of the JANET vs. 822 domain 
ordering issue]

Does anyone have a burning desire to allow such an ENUMservice token, 
or instead can we ask
IESG and/or IANA to reserve this token (or these tokens, if case 
sensitivity is required)?

all the best,
   Lawrence
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roke Manor Research    : This information is provided "as is" and is not
<mailto:[email-masked]>: intended to create any contractual or legal
<tel:+441794833666>    : relationship.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum