Subject: [Enum] Impl.Issues: 1 - Case Sensitivity

From: "Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:06:36 +0000

Hi Folks,
   here's an issue we've come across when looking at ENUM domain 
content "out there".
Some NAPTRs use lower case for the flag field value; some use upper 
case - (e.g. 'U' or 'u')
Some NAPTRs use lower case for the ENUMservice tokens; some use upper 
case - (e.g. 'SIP' or 'sip')

In our clients we treat both of these strings as case-insensitive 
(i.e. we do a tolower before
comparing them). This is also done in a couple of the Clients where 
I've scanned their source.

Thus...

Q:  It looks like most clients are designed to treat the flags and 
service fields as case-insensitive.

Does anyone object to this (i.e. does anyone have a burning desire to 
have the flag and
services field entries treated as case-sensitive)?

all the best,
   Lawrence
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roke Manor Research    : This information is provided "as is" and is not
<mailto:[email-masked]>: intended to create any contractual or legal
<tel:+441794833666>    : relationship.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum