Subject: [Enum] In the interest of furthering ENUM trial efforts etc

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:37:19 -0400

I'm pleased to report that the latest beta firmware for the SNOM 200 SIP 
VoIP phone now supports RFC 2916 transparently.

http://www.snom.com/snom200_en.php

What this means is that I simply dial the ENUM enabled E164 number from the 
key pad of the SNOM phone as if I were making a international call from 
North America as in

011,87810 xxxxx xxxxx

It translates the number into the FQDN, preforms the look up into 
e164.arpa, finds the enumservice field for SIP, processes the regexp and 
establishes a SIP session based on the URI and displays the URI in the LED 
display of the phone.

all in about 400-600 MS based on a number of calls I've made.

If there is no response from DNS to the query it makes the assumption that 
the call is on PSTN and submits the call to the registered sip proxy for 
processing assuming that phone=yes in the To: field.

the calls btw were on a 1.5/380 ADSL line and flawless even with my wife on 
line at the same time.

I'm sure both lists would be interested in other products that support ENUM 
directly etc.

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Ajay Garg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:42:59 -0500

Please remove me.

Thanks
-AJay

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Richard Shockey
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 10:37 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Enum] In the interest of furthering ENUM trial efforts etc

011,87810 xxxxx xxxxx

PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1
815.333.1237