Subject: [Enum] ENUM & SIP applications tutorial - Sept 1 at RIPE-46 / Amsterdam

From: Michael Haberler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:49:36 +0200

For those considering or involved in ENUM trials and/or SIP service 
development:

we will be holding a one-day tutorial on Monday Sept 1 at the RIPE-46 
conference in Amsterdam - see below.

Michael Haberler
Jiri Kuthan
Richard Stastny

--

SIP Applications with ENUM

This tuorial is designed to present the state of the art in Session 
Initiation Protocol application together with ENUM, a key enabler for 
PSTN-Internet interworking. We report experience from the Austrian ENUM 
field trial as well as large-scale application of the iptel.org SIP Express 
router for Voice over IP and Instant Messenging. The tutorial is geared 
towards persons involved in service rollouts as well as national ENUM trials.

90"  SIP Introduction (Jiri Kuthan)
      Standardization status,
      Operational  aspects - NAT, reliability, policy making
      PSTN Interworking - Network Asserted Identity, gateway operation
      Application building
60" ENUM Status (Richard Stastny)
30" Radius validation of ENUM delegations(Michael Haberler)
45" ENUM  Usage with at43 and PBX usage as practical example - (Michael 
Haberler)
30" Remote Party ID and CLI - (Richard Stasty)
30" Trusted communication between SIP-servers (Jiri Kuthan)
30" SIM-card based authentication of SIP clients (Michael Haberler)

About the speakers:

Richard Stastny - (Project Manager, Telekom Austria/OEFEG)

OeFEG is a subsidiary of Telekom Austria and providing Project Management 
and Consulting in Telecommunications. OeFEG is responsible also for the 
national specifications for digital switching and OAM/OSS/BSS systems.

Richard has over 25 years of experience in computing, switching, 
signalling, numbering and networking. He was involved in the adaption of 
digital switching systems (DMS-100 and EWSD) for the Austrian market and 
also in the introduction of OAM and Billing Systems within Telekom Austria. 
Before he joined OEFEG in 1998 he was working with Schrack-Ericsson and 
Kapsch-Nortel.

He is participating actively in various international standard bodies, e.g. 
ETSI SMG, TMN, SPAN and TIPHON, VISIONng, ITU-T SG2 and IETF. In the last 
years he was responsible in OeFEG for the convergence of NGN networks, the 
migration to IP based networks, VoIP and ENUM. In this role he was involved 
in the latest developments in ITU-T regarding the +878 country code for UPT 
and the recent ENUM related recommendations in ITU-T and ETSI . In ETSI he 
was rapporteur of ETSI TS 102 172 "Minimum Requirements for 
Interoperability of European ENUM trials".

Richard is also the chair of the Austrian ENUM Trial Platform and taking an 
active role in the Austrian and VISIONng ENUM trials and the current 
co-operation with Free World Dialup.

Jiri Kuthan - (GMD Fokus/iptel.org)

is founder and technical leader of iptel.org. He has been responsible for 
engineering architecture of iptel ' s SIP services and underlying 
infrastructure. Prior to founding iptel.org, Jiri was working with GMD 
Fokus, and MCI Worldcom. Jiri has been actively participating in IETF 
standardization and serves on TPC of iptel workshop and International SIP.

iptel.org is a SIP know-how and deployment company -- it created world ' s 
most unique open-source SIP server with premium service creation 
flexibility and performance. The server has been powering iptel.org ' s 
public services as well as services of iptel ' s customers for more than 
two years. iptel.org ' s provides consultancy to both operators and vendors 
in the SIP area.

Michael Haberler - Internet Foundation Austria (IPA)

Is chairman of the beneficial Internet Foundation Austria (IPA), the owner 
of the Austrian registry nic.at, and founder of the former EUnet Austria.