Subject: [Enum] The DNS is 20 years old

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:32:07 -0400

http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/06/24/HNdnsbirthday_1.html

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
  <http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:38:09 -0500

http://Toys.R.US ?

http://www.icann.org/tlds/new-stld-rfp/new-stld-rfp-24jun03.htm
"ICANN has no authority or ability to require acceptance of new TLD namestrings although ICANN does prominently publicize
ICANN-authorized TLD strings on its website. As such, successful applicants may find themselves expending considerable efforts
post-implementation in persuading providers of the need to accept their new TLD namestring."
====