Subject: [Enum] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vpim-routing-05.txt

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:18:36 -0400

FYI...

>To: IETF-Announce: ;
>Cc: [email-masked]
>From: [email-masked]
>Reply-to: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vpim-routing-05.txt
>Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:35:56 -0400
>Sender: [email-masked]
>
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>This draft is a work item of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail Working 
>Group of the IETF.
>
>         Title           : Voice Message Routing Service
>         Author(s)       : G. Vaudreuil
>         Filename        : draft-ietf-vpim-routing-05.txt
>         Pages           : 10
>         Date            : 2003-6-19
>
>Voice messaging is traditionally addressed using telephone number
>addressing. This document describes two techniques for routing voice
>messages based on a telephone number.  The VPIM Directory service
>provides a directory mechanism to lookup a VPIM email address with a
>telephone number and confirm that the address is both valid and the
>associated with the intended recipient.  However this service will
>take time become widely deployed in the nearest term.  This document
>also describes a more limited send-and-pray service useful simply to
>route and deliver messages using only the ENUM telephone number
>resolution service and the existing DNS mail routing facilies.
>Please send comments on this document to the VPIM working group
>mailing list <[email-masked]>
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-routing-05.txt
>
>To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
>ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>         "get draft-ietf-vpim-routing-05.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>         [email-masked].
>In the body type:
>         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-routing-05.txt".
>
>NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>         how to manipulate these messages.
>
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-routing-05.txt
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-routing-05.txt>

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
  <http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:19:13 -0400

>FYI...

Greg...

I think you actually will need a IANA considerations section in the 
document to refer to the registration of VPIM:mailto once 2916bis is approved.

as for the syntax...

4.1 Specification of Service "E2U+VPIM:Mailto:"

         * Service Name: E.164 to VPIM MailTo: URL

Service name IMHO should be simply VPIM

         * URI Type: "Mailto:"

         * SubTyoe: VPIM

subtype is mailto

         * Functional Specification: See section 4.2 through 4.4

         * Intended Usage: COMMON

         * Author: Greg Vaudreuil ([email-masked])

         * Error Conditions:
           o E.164 number not in the numbering plan
           o E.164 number in the numbering plan, but no URLs exist for
                 that number
           o E2U+VPIM:Mailto Service unavailable

>>A URL for this Internet-Draft 
>>is:http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-routing-05.txt
>>