Subject: [Enum] LAST CALL draft-ietf-enum-rfc2916bis-06.txt

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:17:34 -0400

So once again ....

This is a formal request for final comments within the IETF ENUM WG
working group for one document. The document below is being proposed for
forwarding on to the IESG for consideration as Standards Track RFC.

This is a working group product, which has been thoroughly discussed since 
2001.

This document has undergone extensive review and revisions during the past 
few months and I believe that we now have working group consensus on its 
adequacy based on discussion on this list and at several working group 
meetings.

The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now or
forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections which have
not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors which need
correction.

The 2 week Last Call will begin immediately and will end on May 28 at 12PM EST

         Title           : The E.164 to URI DDDS Application (ENUM)
         Author(s)       : P. Faltstrom, M. Mealling
         Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-rfc2916bis-06.txt
         Pages           : 24
         Date            : 2003-5-13

This document discusses the use of the Domain Name System (DNS) for
storage of E.164 numbers.  More specifically, how DNS can be used for
identifying available services connected to one E.164 number. It
specifically obsoletes RFC 2916 to bring it in line with the Dynamic
Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Application specification found in
the document series specified in RFC 3401.  It is very important to
note that it is impossible to read and understand this document
without reading the documents discussed in RFC 3401.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-rfc2916bis-06.txt

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
  <http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 17:04:41 +0100

Hi Folks,
   ..and finally...
The text in 3.1.4 Publication Requirements still does not
reflect the last meeting decision that Experimental RFCs
are OK to publish. This IS reflected in the text of the last
sentence before section 3.1, so I think that the 3.1.4 first
sentence just got missed (i.e. it's a typo).

=> Please change 3.1.4. - for simplicity I'd suggest similar
text to the earlier reference (i.e. lose the end of the
sentence - "on the Standards Track or as a BCP".)

Apart from that (and a couple of minor typos), it's just right.
Good job.

all the best,
   Lawrence

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roke Manor Research    : This information is provided "as is" and is not
<mailto:[email-masked]>: intended to create any contractual or legal
<tel:+441794833666>    : relationship.
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum