Subject: Re: [Enum] New Security Considerations section (including DNSSEC statements)

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:05:40 -0800

Richard,

>> >     Jaap> I always thought that the security section list the threats
RS> Really ... I really dont see the problem with listing known threats
RS> here.  IMHO this is a bit of hair splitting.

IETF specifications often contain key bits of pedogagy, in addition to
normative specification, when the working group feels that readers will
benefit from the information.  This, of course, creates some challenges
to make sure the document does not get fragmented, distracted, etc.

Based on the IETF's history deploying security-based solutions, it is an
area where more pedagogy is probably helpful.

It might help to have the normative part(s) of that section
distinguished from the pedagogic parts.  Other than that, I think the
current text is nicely done.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:[email-masked]>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <http://www.brandenburg.com>
 Sunnyvale, CA  USA <tel:+1.408.246.8253>, <fax:+1.866.358.5301>

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum