Subject: Re: [Enum] NAPTR Query Issue

From: Ripple <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:45:05 +0530

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Koch" <[email-masked]>
To: "Ripple" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Enum] NAPTR Query Issue

>
> Hello,
>
> >      Who can help me? I think if the ENUM Server is same server, maybe
it is
>
> first, it might help to have a real name in the From: line. In IETF
working
> groups we usually don't use pseudonyms.

Ripple is my english name and all my foreign friends will call me with it.
Although it is not like a name.

> >possible. But I don't know it is correct or not. English is not my native
lang
> >uage, maybe I have not described it clear? if it is, please tell me.
Thanks fo
> >r your help.
>
> Then, your question is not really related to ENUM, but touches the very
> basic concept of a DNS referral or an "empty answer".
> Finally, it is unclear (at least to me), what your problem really is.
>
> -Peter
Thanks for your help. I am not sure if the ENUM Server is same with DNS
Server. If the ENUM Server is separated Server, and there aren't NAPTR
records in the local ENUM Server, how to process it? just give a empty
response or using the NS record to provided the other ENUM Server
information? Maybe both are right. But I want to known the latter is
possible or not.

Thanks,
Ripple

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum