Subject: [Enum] TEL URL enumservice registration document

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:40:59 -0500

It was recently pointed out to me privately that we have no example in 
2916bis of a TEL URL.  The question was posed  .."are we going to allow 
termination to non IP endpoints?"

The answer to that obviously yes but I believe the authors wanted to keep 
the examples in 2916bis to a minimum as not to create undue confusion.

It does point out, however that we will need for some one to work up a 
enumservice registration specifically for tel , to accompany the revision 
of 2806bis

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-antti-rfc2806bis-07.txt

  as soon as possible,  to compliment the existing documents on sip, h323 
and as we renew our discussions of the much anticipated, new and improved, 
tastes great, less filling enumservice compendium.

Anyone interested in taking this on?

Rudy,  Richard , Larry ...you are planning on resubmitting something in 
advance of SF right?

We have 2 hours reserved..

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:[email-masked]> or <mailto:[email-masked]>
  <http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 00:25:07 +0000

At 1:40 pm -0500 31/1/03, Richard Shockey wrote:
>It was recently pointed out to me privately that we have no example 
>in 2916bis of a TEL URL.  The question was posed  .."are we going to 
>allow termination to non IP endpoints?"
>
>The answer to that obviously yes but I believe the authors wanted to 
>keep the examples in 2916bis to a minimum as not to create undue 
>confusion.
>
>It does point out, however that we will need for some one to work up 
>a enumservice registration specifically for tel , to accompany the 
>revision of 2806bis
>
>  as soon as possible,  to compliment the existing documents on sip, 
>h323 and as we renew our discussions of the much anticipated, new 
>and improved, tastes great, less filling enumservice compendium.
>
>Rudy,  Richard , Larry ...you are planning on resubmitting something 
>in advance of SF right?
>
Hi Rich,
   from prior experience, it might take less :)

Short answer - yes.

Slightly longer answer - we learnt that less is more, so it/they will 
be shorter
and (hopefully) simpler.

BTW, our goal is NOT to produce an enumservice registration 
specifically for TEL
URI scheme (that would be too long, and would almost by definition be 
wrong/incomplete/
exclude any other uses of the phone network/confuse folk/be rejected/...) but
instead to use it in some specific enumservices - I suspect you can guess/read
what we're doing this side of the pond.

all the best,
   Lawrence
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roke Manor Research    : This information is provided "as is" and is not
<mailto:[email-masked]>: intended to create any contractual or legal
<tel:+441794833666>    : relationship.
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum