Subject: [Enum] Revised ENUM milestones and directions.

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:06:30 -0500

Based on some of the work in Atlanta we will need to update our Goals and 
Milestones to reflect this.

What we currently have is this ....

Goals and Milestones:

Done    Initial draft of Service ENUM Requirements
Done    Initial draft of ENUM Protocol
Done    Revised draft of ENUM Protocol
Done    Submit ENUM Protocol document to IESG for publication as Proposed
JUN 02    Revise and update RFC 2916 appropriate to DDDS (revision of 2915) 
and advance to Draft Standard
JUL 02    Document appropriate ENUM Registration and Provisioning 
Procedures (Informational)
AUG 02    Document appropriate ENUM Operational Security, Privacy Issues 
and Procedures (Informational)

What I'd like to propose is this:

In particular I'd like the WG and especially the authors of 2916bis to 
commit to a full discussion of the relevant issues so we can bring this 
document to last call well in advance of San Francisco.

We now have 2 other WG dependant on 2916bis  FAX and VPIM and our own 
documents on enum service registration for SIP and H.323.

There are clear issues on how NAPTR records are processed etc.

Goals and Milestones:

Done    Initial draft of Service ENUM Requirements
Done    Initial draft of ENUM Protocol
Done    Revised draft of ENUM Protocol
Done    Submit ENUM Protocol document to IESG for publication as Proposed
APR 03    Revise and update RFC 2916 appropriate to DDDS (revision of 2915)
JUNE 03    ENUM service registrations for SIP and H.323
AUG 03    Document appropriate ENUM Security and  Privacy 
Issues  (Informational)
NOV 03    Document appropriate ENUM Registration and Provisioning 
Procedures (Informational)

Thoughts and comments...

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:[email-masked]> or <mailto:[email-masked]>
  <http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum