Subject: [Enum] Final Agenda for ENUM WG - IETF 55 Atlanta

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 21:13:54 -0500

MONDAY, November 18, 2002

1130-1300 Break
1300-1500 Afternoon Sessions I

TSV     enum        Telephone Number Mapping WG

Chair(s):
Patrik Faltstrom <[email-masked]>
Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>

Transport Area Advisor:
Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion:[email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked]
In Body: subscribe
Archive: ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/enum/

AGENDA BASHING (5 min)

1.  RFC2916bis -0x REV - Faltstrom/Mealing  (45 Min)

Status Update..

##################

Agenda NOTE:  The unresolved issues in the WG all relate in one way or 
another to the structure of the enumservice field and what information 
should or should not be included and in which order.

In particular I'd like to see a focus on service vs description.

The fundamental goal of the meeting should be to clarify and hopefully 
settle the issue.

Items 2-4 directly address these issues and 5 provides a marginal perspective.

###############

2.  J.Peterson  ( 15 min )

         Title              : enumservice registration for SIP 
Addresses-of-Record
         Author(s)       : J. Peterson
         Filename        : draft-peterson-enum-sip-00.txt
         Pages           : 16
         Date              : 2002-10-29

This document registers an ENUM service for SIP (the Session
Initiation Protocol), pursuant to the guidelines in RFC2916bis.
Specifically, this document focuses on provisioning SIP addresses-of-
record in ENUM.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-peterson-enum-sip-00.txt

####################

3.  O. Levin  ( 15 min )

            ENUM Service Registration for H.323 URL
         Author(s)       : O. Levin
         Filename        : draft-levin-enum-h323-00.txt
         Pages           : 4
         Date            : 2002-11-1

The H.323 specification [2] defines a means for building multimedia
communication services over an arbitrary Packet Based Network,
including the Internet. This document registers an ENUM service for
H.323 according to specifications and guidelines in RFC2916bis [3].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levin-enum-h323-00.txt

###############

4.    R. Stastny & Co  on behalf of R. Brandner [ 20 Min ]

         Title           : 'A compendium of enumservice registrations'
         Author(s)       : R. Brandner et al.
         Filename        : draft-brandner-enumservices-compendium-00.txt
         Pages           : 0
         Date            : 2002-9-16

This document includes a basic set of enumservice descriptions that
are intended for use in deployments of ENUM. These descriptions form
a set of enumservice registration requests, as laid out in section 3
of draft-ietf-enum-rfc2916bis-01.txt.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brandner-enumservices-compendium-00.txt

####################################

5.  R. Shockey  (10 M )

         Title           : Privacy and Security Considerations in ENUM
         Author(s)       : R. Shockey
         Filename        : draft-shockey-enum-privacy-security-00.txt
         Pages           : 12
         Date            : 2002-10-30

Many individuals and groups have expressed concerns about the
privacy and security of personal information to be established in
implementations of RFC 2916. This document discusses some of the
technical as well as security and privacy considerations national
implementations of ENUM should consider.
This is a work in progress. Input from security and privacy
experts is welcome.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shockey-enum-privacy-security-00.txt

I'm looking for additional comments on directions this draft should take

################

4.    L. Conroy 15 min

The 'enum' URI

We discussed this some in Yokohama but did not come to a definitive 
conclusion whether this URI was appropriate or some extension to the TEL 
URL was sufficient.

NOTE on Management issue:  The IPTEL WG has now assumed responsibility for 
all telephony related URI development including the TEL URL 
itself.  Whether this draft even remains in the ENUM WG is now an issue. 
After polling the IPTEL Chairs we can revisit the issues in the ENUM WG due 
to time constraints...however the proper place for this draft in the future 
will have to be clarified.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brandner-enum-uri-00.txt

5. Open Discussion ...

A. Reverse ENUM?

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:[email-masked]> or <mailto:[email-masked]>
  <http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Lawrence Conroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:06:49 +0000

>TSV     enum        Telephone Number Mapping WG

<snip>

>NOTE on Management issue:  The IPTEL WG has now assumed 
>responsibility for all telephony related URI development including 
>the TEL URL itself.  Whether this draft even remains in the ENUM WG 
>is now an issue. After polling the IPTEL Chairs we can revisit the 
>issues in the ENUM WG due to time constraints...however the proper 
>place for this draft in the future will have to be clarified.
>

I'm trying to see where in the draft it says that this is a telephony URL.
It does say that it's intended ONLY to trigger an ENUM lookup (i.e. in DNS)
and NOT trigger a phone call. One could equally say that dap is a telephony
URL.

all the best,
   Lawrence
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roke Manor Research    : This information is provided "as is" and is not
<mailto:[email-masked]>: intended to create any contractual or legal
<tel:+441794833666>    : relationship.