Subject: [Enum] using ENUM for numbers poratbility

From: "Andrew Bartosiewicz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:18:42 +0100

I'm trying to find out about using ENUM for number portability in PSTN. 
Is there any country using ENUM as central database for ported numbers?

Andrew Bartosiewicz
NASK 

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 09:30:19 -0500

>Is there any country using ENUM as central database for ported numbers?

Its been discussed in various forums and is technically feasable ..but the 
answer is no.
my colleague James Yu has a ID on how to include NP data in a TEL URL.

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:[email-masked]> or <mailto:[email-masked]>
  <http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<