Subject: [Enum] Clarification on 2916-bis ss 3.1.1

From: Lawrence Conroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 02:17:43 +0100

Hi again Patrik, folks,
   I need some clarification urgently on section 3.1.1 (in 2916-bis-01).
(I suspect so will anyone else trying to fulfil the meeting request 
for "concrete proposals" :)

In section 3.1.1, the first paragraph states that an enumservice
registration MUST specify "the URI which is the outcome of the use of it".

The second paragraph states that the registration MUST also specify, 
when needed
"other information which will have to be transfered into the URI resolution
  process itself (LDAP DNs, transferring of the AUS into the resulting
  URI, etc)".

The first paragraph would seem to require that each enumservice was associated
with exactly 1 URI scheme (or that the whacky 'bar' sub-field is the 
URI scheme.

The second paragraph seems to suggest that an enumservice 
specification can override
the REGEXP procedure/2916-bis algorithm for processing AUS to URI.

Are these still intended as I interpret them?

all the best,
   Lawrence
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roke Manor Research    : This information is provided "as is" and is not
<mailto:[email-masked]>: intended to create any contractual or legal
<tel:+441794833666>    : relationship.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:10:13 +0200

> for "concrete proposals" :)

:-)

> with exactly 1 URI scheme (or that the whacky 'bar' sub-field is the 

Well, I think it is my bad english which make these mistakes.

We can not have one and only one URI scheme as a result. Especially if 
the service is to be use for something like "the web", because for "the 
web" one use either "http" or "https", so already there we have 
problems.

My suggestion, but I need to know what the wg think, that the text 
should be changed so it is clear that the registration need to list the 
URI schemes (plural) which might appear.

> the REGEXP procedure/2916-bis algorithm for processing AUS to URI.

Then I need to fix it. The 2916bis algorithm can not be overridden.

    paf