Subject: [Enum] Revised WG Goals and Milestones ..again

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:20:48 -0400

I posted a proposal for a Revised Goals and Milestones for the WG several 
days ago and that seemed to create a new thread ..but no discussion on 
deliverables.

At the private suggestion of some folks I have added a separate document 
here on Privacy Considerations in ENUM. In discussions on ENUM in various 
forums there has been substantial discussion of privacy related issues in 
the context of what is entered into the DNS as well as what information is 
necessary to for a authenticated and valid registration.

Again I'd like to propose the following deliverables and in the absence of 
further direct comment on this proposal I will consider silence consent and 
forward this on the the AD's.

Done            Initial draft of Service ENUM Requirements
Done            Initial draft of ENUM Protocol
Done            Revised draft of ENUM Protocol
Done            Submit ENUM Protocol document to IESG for publication as 
Proposed
Jan  03          Revise and update RFC 2916 appropriate to DDDS (revision 
of 2915)
Jan  03         Document appropriate ENUM Service Field Registrations  [ 
Standards Track ]
March 03        Document appropriate ENUM  Provisioning Procedures 
(Informational ?)
March 03        Advance revised RFC 2916 to Draft Standard
June 03         Document appropriate Privacy Considerations in ENUM 
(Informaitonal)
June 03         Document appropriate ENUM Operational SecurityProcedures 
(Informational)

I want to note to the list that I'm personally aware of several national 
trials of ENUM that are beginning this fall and Winter we would hope that 
some of you who are working on those trials will assist the WG in 
documenting the  funcitions during those trials to assist the WG in 
completing it task of taking 2916 forward to Draft standard.

I think its also reasonable that we delay trying to work on provisioning, 
security and other issues until there are some clear results coming back 
from those trials.

Comments?

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza   Bldg 10    Sterling, VA  20166
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:[email-masked]> or <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://shockey.us > ; <http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza   Bldg 10    Sterling, VA  20166
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:[email-masked]> or <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://shockey.us > ; <http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum