Subject: [Enum] D3S details...

From: Lawrence Conroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 19:31:05 +0100

Hi Folks,
   a couple of clarifications on D3S//ENUM operation would be much appreciated.

*  For D3S operation with non-terminal NAPTRs, there's an empty flags field
and a non-empty replacement domain field on the end.
[[Usually, but see my posts on "enum:" and the alternative "tel:" 'enum=yes']]
For the NAPTR to be considered it has to have some code in its service field
to indicate the "D3S Application" (such as "E2U").
I have *ASSUMED* that this application doesn't change across a domain 
replacement,
so that the "next" NAPTR in the chain should ALSO have the same "D3S 
Application"
tag. However, where is this stated? (or am I wrong).

*  for a non-terminal, I have further *ASSUMED* that there is always 
a non-empty
services field (i.e. one containing some enumservice tag or tags). Is this
correct?

I suspect that others will also find this interesting when they have to define
corner test cases :)

all the best,
   Lawrence

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roke Manor Research    : This information is provided "as is" and is not
<mailto:[email-masked]>: intended to create any contractual or legal
<tel:+441794833666>    : relationship.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum