Subject: [Enum] Subaddressing in 2916bis

From: "Vaudreuil, Greg M (Greg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:10:48 -0600

I would like to see a small addition / Clarification in section 2.1. 

The fully qualified number for the purposes of ENUM may include E.164 ISDN
subaddressing information, extension number, or a submailbox number.
Because these digits are essential to initiate a communication to the
intended recipient, it makes sense to include these digits in the
application unique string.   Section 2.1 should explicitly indicate these
cases.

An immediate example may help.  VPIM explicitly supports the concept of
sending a message to a mailbox identified uniquely by the E.164 telephone
number plus a extension number.  The VPIM defined form of the number is
+12148239325+3 for submailbox three.  The AUS would thus be 
+121482393253.  

I will submit a document providing greater context and examples after this
IETF week.

Greg V.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum