Subject: [Enum] Proposed Agenda for ENUM WG in Yokohama

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 10:31:59 -0400

I got some private notes requesting some time but I'd like to put a straw 
man out there for consideration.

BTW  any volunteers for scribe? Jay are you coming?

MONDAY, July 15, 2002
0800-1930 IETF Registration -
1130-1300 Break
1300-1500 Afternoon Sessions I
TSV     enum      Telephone Number Mapping WG

Chair(s):
Patrik Faltstrom <[email-masked]>
Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>

Transport Area Advisor:
Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion:[email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked]
In Body: subscribe
Archive: ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/enum/

AGENDA BASHING (5 min)

Scribe Introduction … ??????

RFC2916bis -01 REV - Faltstrom/Mealing  (45 Min)

The goal here should be to give the document authors definitive direction 
on the draft so that it can begin to move forward with all deliberate 
speed.  The 01 revision is in the hopper so we should see it shortly.

The ENUMSERVICE's documents  45 Min [Stastny/Conroy/Brandner]

It should be clear from the list that these documents have generated the 
most discussion and I want the meeting in Yokohama to come to some 
reasonable consensus on the next steps for these documents.

I think there  we are close to agreement on several points but we have 
several proposals on what is the proper ABNF syntax to use and the exact 
terms and definitions to be used in describing the data elements.

For instance it is still disagreement on URI scheme vs a more expanded 
'protocol' element for the mandatory portion of the enumservice field.

Presenters should be prepared to precisely define their proposals and the 
rationale for them.

What I would still like to happen is that portions of these drafts could be 
combined with previous work from Doug Ranalli and Bob Walter into a new ID 
that we could track to Experimental status that implementers could begin to 
use for testing purposes. This would define a very limited matrix of 
options along the lines suggested by both Walter and S/C/B and could move 
in parallel with 2916bis to provide guidance to some of our colleagues in 
SG2 etc.

(WHO WANTS TO PRESENT THESE - I know Richard will still have jet lag Monday.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stastny-enum-services-analysis-00.txt

Categorical enumservices

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brandner-enum-categorical-enumservices-00.txt

Scenarios for ENUM and ENUM-like Systems

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stastny-enum-scenarios-00.txt

################

The 'enum' URI  15-20  M   RUDOLF IS THIS OK ?

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brandner-enum-uri-00.txt

and if there is any time left

The tel URI...  LARRY  ???

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brandner-tel-svc-00.txt

Comments ?

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
45980 Center Oak Plaza   Bldg 8     Sterling, VA  20166
1120 Vermont Ave NW Suite 400 Washington DC 20005
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto: [email-masked]> or
<mailto: [email-masked]>
<http://www.neustar.biz>
<http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum