Subject: WG: [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-04.txt

From: "Stastny Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:51:21 +0200

Hi James,

	congratulations to the new version of draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-04.txt. Its an excellent overview on NP issues.
	 
	Although I had not the time to check everything, a quick first remark:
	 
	Regarding Austria in the table Section 7, the sentence should read:

	Austria : Uses onward routing at the donor network.  Routing prefix is "86xx" where "xx" identifies the recipient network (instead of switch).
	 
	best regards
	Richard    

		-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- 
		Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
		Gesendet: Di 18.06.2002 13:27 
		An: 
		Cc: [email-masked] 
		Betreff: [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-04.txt

		A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
		This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.
		
		        Title           : Number Portability in the GSTN: An Overview
		        Author(s)       : M. Foster, T. McGarry, J. Yu
		        Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-04.txt
		        Pages           : 27
		        Date            : 17-Jun-02
		       
		This document provides an overview of E.164 telephone number
		portability (NP) in the Global Switched Telephone Network (GSTN).   
		NP is a regulatory imperative seeking to liberalize local telephony
		service competition, by enabling end-users to retain telephone
		numbers while changing service providers.  NP changes the
		fundamental nature of a dialed E.164 number from a hierarchical
		physical routing address to a virtual address, thereby requiring the
		transparent translation of the later to the former.  In addition,
		there are various regulatory constraints that establish relevant
		parameters for NP implementation, most of which are not network
		technology specific.  Consequently, the implementation of NP
		behavior consistent with applicable regulatory constraints, as well
		as the need for interoperation with the existing GSTN NP
		implementations, are relevant topics for numerous areas of IP
		telephony work-in-progress at IETF.
		
		A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
		http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-04.txt
		
		To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
		ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
		
		Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
		"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
		type "cd internet-drafts" and then
		        "get draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-04.txt".
		
		A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
		http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
		or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

		Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
		
		Send a message to:
		        [email-masked].
		In the body type:
		        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-04.txt".
		       
		NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
		        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
		        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
		        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
		        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
		        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
		        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
		        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
		        how to manipulate these messages.

		Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
		implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
		Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum