Subject: Re: [Enum] EPP for E.164 - Start Last Call ???

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:32:19 -0400

At 09:14 AM 5/23/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>We want to bring to everyone's attention to the draft for provisioning 
>E.164 numbers using EPP in a registry 
>environment. 
><http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-epp-e164-00.txt>http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-epp-e164-00.txt. 
>This draft was accepted as an ENUM working group item at the 53rd 
>IETF.  We would like to solicit comments for this draft so we can make 
>changes, if necessary, to the draft before the June 24th cut off date for 
>the 54th IETF in Japan.  We would like to move forward, as expediently as 
>possible, because the ENUM forum is very interested in having this draft 
>move to RFC before they adopt it into their provisioning process.

I'd like to re-note this message sent to the list earlier and poll the list 
for any objections to taking this to Last Call as a Informational document 
ASAP.

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
45980 Center Oak Plaza   Bldg 8     Sterling, VA  20166
1120 Vermont Ave NW Suite 400 Washington DC 20005
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto: [email-masked]> or
<mailto: [email-masked]>
<http://www.neustar.biz>
<http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 08:49:35 -0700

At 11:32 AM 6/3/2002 -0400, Richard Shockey wrote:
>I'd like to re-note this message sent to the list earlier and poll the 
>list for any objections to taking this to Last Call as a Informational 
>document ASAP.

EPP is IETF standards track.

ENUM is IETF standards track.

Why should not the use of ENUM for EPP also be standards track?

I believe it has sufficient utility and that it was developed and reviewed 
in the appropriate IETF manner.

d/

----------
Dave Crocker <mailto:[email-masked]>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 13:15:19 -0400

>Why should not the use of ENUM for EPP also be standards track?

Well my thinking was its just the data object without any real presentation 
of transport ..but your point is well taken ..