Subject: [Enum] enum:

From: Lawrence Conroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:17:56 +0100

Hi Folks,
   It occurs to me that this hasn't been mentioned on the list, but 
some responses assume its existence.
Hence - Heads up, folks!
Our intention is to define a URI-scheme 'enum:' to indicate 
explicitly that an ENUM search is required rather than using a 
telephone number directly. The syntax is going to follow the 2806bis 
update, but with a parameter ('es=') that will hold the enumservices 
that should be checked.
The reason you haven't seen this draft yet is that we've been waiting 
until there's some clarity over the enumservices. (That's why I'm a 
little anxious to get that sorted :).
This 'es' parameter will use the 'any' value to indicate that there 
is no explicit (or publicly stated) limitation for enumservices.

This also suggests an alternative to CNAME - the URI inside a NAPTR 
could be an 'enum:' URI, and such a URI could specify that 
"re-submission is required".
That way, we can exclude re-submission for a 'tel:' URI retrieved 
from ENUM (and shorten the tel/talk enumservice draft :).

all the best,
   Lawrence
-- 
[email-masked]: +44 1794 833666::<my opinions>:

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum