Subject: [Enum] I've seen no comments on the proposed agenda...

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:04:19 -0500

"silence is consent" ?

Generally ok?  I would like to wrap this up and post it next week.

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
45980 Center Oak Plaza   Bldg 8     Sterling, VA  20166
1120 Vermont Ave NW Suite 400 Washington DC 20005
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto: [email-masked]> or
<mailto: [email-masked]>
<http://www.neustar.biz>
<http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Lawrence Conroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:47:51 +0000

>Generally ok?  I would like to wrap this up and post it next week.
To which I reply:
Fine by me, but...
Ordering or preference is interesting;
I wonder if the Service tags (Ranelli) presentation should come first,
followed by the SRS one, followed by the SIP one, followed by Rudi's
TEL one.

Also, I *do* wonder about the "context" of the document set, as
mentioned on the list. I still have a feeling that there's a missing
document (not a one liner with .foo in it, IMHO :).

As such, after the service field presentations, I kinda wonder if
there could be a couple of minute "wrap up" that is a place holder
for common features for ENUM services.
Seems to me that RegExp restrictions//gotchas, and "Privacy Concerns"
(as mentioned Rich's earlier post) are going to be common to SRS, SIP,
TEL, and anything using DNS.

On the RegExp stuff, as a Johnny Foreigner, it seems to me that if
we give people guns we should at least tell them that, under certain
circumstances, they may not do what one expects.
(Of course, this is not intended as any sort of limitation on folks'
rights to use them in any way they see fit, free of interference... :)

all the best,
    Lawrence

-- 
[email-masked]: +44 1794 833666::<my opinions>: