Subject: Re: [Enum] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-zmolek-enum-pointer-00.txt

From: Lawrence Conroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:26:19 +0000

At 3:23 pm -0500 28/2/02, Richard Shockey wrote:
>Ok ... correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to simplify the argument 
>here ..so the basic technical and business case for a TEL URL based 
>redirection service is that you can screw some poor unsuspecting 
>incumbent Telco out of a fat margin C7 based Call Forwarding 
>product.  Right ?  OK ... I'm sold. I'll buy that.  Why did'nt you 
>say so in the first place? :-)
>
>Privacy issue is a non issue since this is Opt-In for the perceived 
>benefit(s).

To which I reply...

Speaking as someone who works for a vendor, you might think so but I 
couldn't possibly comment.
Poor and unsuspecting, Hah!
Speaking as poor Joe Public, I'd quite like this service if I'm not 
reduced to penury using it.
Bang on with privacy point. If I need privacy (and rapid update, ...) 
I'll get someone else to
pay for it; otherwise, I'll opt-in.

All the best,
   Lawrence
-- 
[email-masked]: +44 1794 833666::<my opinions>:

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 11:22:00 -0500

At 11:26 AM 3/1/2002 +0000, Lawrence Conroy wrote:
>>Ok ... correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to simplify the argument here 
>>..so the basic technical and business case for a TEL URL based 
>>product.  Right ?  OK ... I'm sold. I'll buy that.  Why did'nt you say so 
>>in the first place? :-)
>>
>Bang on with privacy point. If I need privacy (and rapid update, ...) I'll 
>get someone else to

To which I have a question for Patrik and Mike  ... in the E.164-URI draft 
you begin to outline the requirements for service registration and you 
correctly require certain defined section to be present such as in 3.1.3 an 
analysis of Security Requirements, as is required for all IETF 
RFC's.  Should we expand that list to include "Privacy Considerations" ? or 
perhaps in the beginning a clear well defined "Applicability Statement" or 
in other words 'Why we want to register this paramater'

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
45980 Center Oak Plaza   Bldg 8     Sterling, VA  20166
1120 Vermont Ave NW Suite 400 Washington DC 20005
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto: [email-masked]> or
<mailto: [email-masked]>
<http://www.neustar.biz>
<http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 08:10:53 -0500

--On 2002-03-01 11.22 -0500 Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Should we expand that list to include "Privacy Considerations" ? or
> perhaps in the beginning a clear well defined "Applicability Statement"
> or in other words 'Why we want to register this paramater'

Sure. No problem at all with that.

  paf