Subject: [Enum] Re: Update of RFC 2916

From: Lawrence Conroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:38:58 +0000

Hi folks,
  further on Patrik's request for ideas for update to 2916:
*  Please can we have some added text on expected client behaviour 
when loops are detected?
This would be at or around line 241.

*   The example at line 234 includes a tight loop; is this intended?
I'm not completely sure this is an easy change.
  There is no obvious mechanism to indicate that a "tel:" URL contents 
is "final"
  i.e. DO NOT re-submit the request to ENUM (as suggested at line 239-240).

  One (ugly) way of doing this is exactly as in the current example - 
force a tight loop.
  Whether or not there is a more elegant way of doing this with 
NAPTR/DDDS is an open question.

*   The examples throughout 2916 use the "throw away and start again" 
(!^.*$!) form for regexp.
Should this form be recommended explicitly in the document (please :)?

*   I believe that tel: URI contents MUST include (according to 
RFC2806) a global_phone_number.
(In RFC2806 this is a SHOULD, but for e.164.arpa, it really is a MUST, IMHO).
Please can we have some text stating this in the document?

best regards,
    Lawrence

-- 
[email-masked]: +44 1794 833666::<my opinions>:

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum