Subject: [Enum] Re: inappropriate postings

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:14:57 -0500 (EST)

> We can carry on this separately if you like with the IETF leadership.

Tony -

fwiw - the AD for enum agrees with and approved the warning issued by the 
enum chairs.

But you are quite welcome to follow the process defined in rfc 2026
if you feel that we are being unfair. I'm sure the IESG and IAB 
would give such an appeal all the consideration that it derserves.

It is my opinion that many of your (and Jim's) recent postings have been 
purposefully inflammatory  and unrelated to the charter of enum.  If you 
feel that the important work on the enum technology is being done elsewhere 
then by all means go help them.  (though I will admit to being confused on 
how some other group can define something on their own and call it enum 
unless they are trying to mislead)

On the other hand, if you do actually want to discuss the IETF enum
technology as defined in the RFC and in line with what is actually in the
enum charter then please do so.

Scott

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum