Subject: [Enum] criteria and procedures for registering ENUM domains

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:35:08 -0400

I've posted a new I-D this week that might be of interest to the list.

"Criteria and procedures for registering domains corresponding to E.164 
Country Codes in e164.arpa "

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sharp-enum-cc-registration-00.txt

"Abstract This document describes criteria and procedures for registering 
domains corresponding to E.164 Country Codes in e164.arpa as defined in 
RFC2916."

There are some things in it that need to be fixed and I've already written 
up version 01, but I figured if there was other basic feedback, I could 
include other changes at the same time.

The following are the list of changes for v.01 that I have so far:

*	Fixed the Copyright Statement.  I mistakenly uploaded version 00 with a 
truncated Copyright Statement.

*	Fixed a few Windows-specific quote marks that were left in the document.
(I've found again that Notepad does not catch these mistakes.  I really 
have to remember to review with emacs.)

*	In the Conventions section (1), clarified that domain names used in the 
document are fully qualified domain names.

*	In the Conventions section (1), in the paragraph on "assignee", added 
text clarifying that the procedure is defined in E.164.1, not in this document.

*	In the Scope, in the paragraph on Resolution 20, I made the text 
describing the registrar procedures into a new paragraph and removed 
"Similarly" to avoid the potential mistaken impression that this document 
implies that the Resolution 20 procedures apply to e164.arpa.

*	In the General Principles section, in the discussion of sub-domains for 
different types of Country Codes I added a reference to E.164.1 since it 
defines the different types of Country Codes.  For Geographic Areas and 
Global Services, I modified the text to make it clear that registration for 
sub-domains is outside the scope of this document (I know I'm being 
somewhat repetitive here.  Consider it a form of FEC.).

*	In the General Principles section, in the last paragraph describing 
removing domains, I added a reference to E.164.1 since E.164.1 defines what 
it means to reclaim a Country Code.  This also tries to make clear that 
reclamation of Country Codes is yet another thing that is outside the scope 
of this document.

Chip

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum