Subject: RE: [Enum] fyi, NEUSTAR to manage establishment of European Telephony Numbering Space (ETNS)

From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 15:04:34 -0500

C'est incroyable!
 
Next step if for Neustar to incorporate the +1 code in with the Euro country
code and to allow number portability throughout this region.
 
The EU is running amuk!
 
Bert
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

-----Original Message-----
From: Judith Oppenheimer [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:45 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Enum] fyi, NEUSTAR to manage establishment of European Telephony
Numbering Space (ETNS)

I just received this -- thoughts?  comments?

Judith

Release:  Immediate                                      Contact: Bill Stern
(202-533-2648)

Online:  www.neustar.com

                ERO SELECTS NEUSTAR TO MANAGE ETNS

Washington, DC/London, UK (March 06, 2001) - NeuStar, Inc. announced today
that it has been selected by the European Radiocommunications Office (ERO)
to manage the establishment of the European Telephony Numbering Space
(ETNS), which will establish a single country code for all of Europe, and
assist in enhancing the availability of pan-European telecommunications
services.   

NeuStar, North America's leading provider of interoperability solutions,
opened an office in London last year to provide assistance to European
telecommunications companies facing interoperability issues. 

ERO is a permanent office of the European Committee on Telecommunications
Regulatory Affairs of CEPT (European Conference of Postal and
Telecommunications Administrations) and a centre of expertise in the fields
of licensing, numbering and radiocommunications.  

In a competitive bidding process, NeuStar was selected by CEPT as the
preferred provider of ETNS number administration services.  ERO noted that
NeuStar proposed a flexible and scalable technical solution and proposed a
sound project and communications plan.  

"We are delighted to have been selected for this project, which is a
critical next step in the evolution of Europe's telecommunications
infrastructure," said Christine Walker, Vice President of Business
Development for NeuStar, Europe.  "Our extensive interoperability experience
ensures that we will be able to provide the necessary stability and
flexibility for the new ETNS system."

"The NeuStar solution demonstrates to us the essential components of
openness and neutrality," said ERO Director Thormod Bøe.  "It provides for a
transaction-based pricing scheme that we also expect will encourage smaller
service providers and network operators to become active in the ETNS
market."

NeuStar, Inc., based in Washington, D.C., is committed to administering high
quality, evenhanded and competitively neutral infrastructure services to the
communications industry. NeuStar provides registry services to the entire
North American communications industry.  As the Local Number Portability
Administrator, NeuStar manages the registry database that is a critical
component for the routing of all telephone calls in North America.  Neustar
also acts as the North American Numbering Plan Administrator.  This
associated registry database contains all of the area codes and central
office codes (or exchanges) in North America. Visit NeuStar online at
www.neustar.com <http://www.neustar.com/> , and the new ETNS website at
www.etns.org <http://www.etns.org/>  . 

###

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:29:06 -0500

At 03:04 PM 3/7/2001 -0500, Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
>C'est incroyable!
>
>Next step if for Neustar to incorporate the +1 code in with the Euro 
>country code and to allow number portability throughout this region.
>
>The EU is running amuk!
>
>Bert
><mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked]
>
>

Judith, Albert  ... this has nothing to do with ENUM in any way shape or 
form and as such I'm not going to comment on it and its completely out of 
scope for the IETF list.

Richard Shockey, Senior Technical Industry Liaison
NeuStar Inc.
1120 Vermont Avenue N.W., Suite 550, Washington DC. 20005
Voice: 202.533.2811,  Cell : 314.503.0640,  Fax: 815.333.1237
<mailto: [email-masked]> or
<mailto: [email-masked]>
<http://www.neustar.com>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<