Subject: [Enum] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-01.txt

From: "TEKO,PAUL (HP-Germany,ex1)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:43:08 +0100

Please remove me from the distribution list..

Thanks
Paul Teko

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 1:22 PM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title		: Number Portability in the GSTN: An Overview
	Author(s)	: M. Foster, T. McGarry, J. Yu
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-01.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 09-Feb-01
	
This document provides an overview of E.164 telephone number 
portability (NP) in the Global Switched Telephone Network (GSTN).  
There are three types of number portability: service provider number 
portability (SPNP), location portability, and service portability.  
Service provider portability, the focus of the present draft, is a 
regulatory imperative in many countries seeking to liberalize local 
telephony service competition, by enabling end-users to retain pre-
existing telephone numbers while changing service providers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 07:07:54 -0800

> Please remove me from the distribution list..

*NEVER* send requests to be added to or removed from a mailing list to the
address used to send messages to recipients of the list.  It annoys them,
and they can't handle your request.

If you don't remember how you subscribed to the list originally, or someone
just gave you the list address, try:

1) <listname>-request

  Many lists provide such a mailbox for list "administrivia", as this type
  of request is called.

  If the list address is [email-masked], try sending your request to:

      [email-masked]

2) Automated list manager

  Many lists are managed by automated list managers.  If <listname>-request
  doesn't work, try sending the message "help" to each of the above
  addresses.

  If the list address is [email-masked], try sending to:

      [email-masked]
      [email-masked]
      [email-masked]

3) Postmaster

  As a last resort, you can write to the postmaster on the list system
  and ask how to get your request processed.

  If the list address is [email-masked], try sending to:

      [email-masked]

Good luck!