Subject: RE: later response to RE: [Enum] ITU ENUM Workshop: Issues...

From: Andy Gallant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:10:13 -0600

How about the canonical example in RFC 2916?

  "A user named Sven Svensson has from Telco A got the phone number
   +46-8-9761234."

and

  "The client converts the E.164 number into the domain name
   4.3.2.1.6.7.9.8.6.4.e164.arpa., and queries for NAPTR records for
   this domainname."
  
Maybe Patrik can tell us if Sven would mind <grin?>.

-Andy Gallant

-----Original Message-----
From: Clive D.W. Feather [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 10:51 AM
To: Andy Gallant
Cc: 'Douglas Ranalli'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: later response to RE: [Enum] ITU ENUM Workshop: Issues...

Andy Gallant said:
> E.164 Number  (example:  1.212.555.1212)
> 
> E.164 Domain Name (example: 1.2.1.2.5.5.5.2.1.2.1.e164.arpa)

I really hope these aren't meant to relate to each other !

Could I suggest that examples use a different number ? I would volunteer
the London Transport number +44 20 7222 1234, but if you really want an
NANP 555 number, use a different area code (803 or something like that that
isn't going to be confused with the trailing portion).

-- 
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <[email-masked]>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <[email-masked]>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 1037
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | DFax: +44 20 8371 4037
Thus plc            |                            | Mobile: +44 7973 377646 

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum