Subject: RE: [Enum] ITU ENUM Workshop: Issues for Regulators, Policy Maker s, and Numb ering Authorities - January 17, 2001

From: Andy Gallant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:25:03 -0600

Hi, Tony.
 
So far, the only context I'm aware of came out of the October 2000 WP1/2
Berlin meeting, that a number of the list members (including you and me)
attended.  An extract from the I-D (for which one URL is
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-itu-sg2-liason-enum-01.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-itu-sg2-liason-enum-01.txt> )
states that:
 
<!--StartFragment-->
    o  The study being undertaken within WP1/2 (referred to above) will
       also attempt to identify options and provide guidance to assist
       those entities charged with the task of providing the
       administrative information to DNS administrators.
 
(The other study "referred to above" mentioned number portability and the
following extract applied to it: "However, it is currently understood that
this study and its result will not impact the IETF and its work.")
 
The new work was echoed in the Meeting Report as:   
 
8.5        The meeting noted that a new work project would be introduced in
Q.1/2 to study implementation issues specifically related to the provision
of E.164 resource information into the DNS with a view to identifying
options and guidance to ITU Member States.
 
I haven't seen anything more specific yet about this for the January SG2
meeting.
 
-Andy

Andrew Gallant, +1 202 533-2812,  <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: A.M. Rutkowski [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 6:03 PM
To: Shaw, Robert; [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: [Enum] ITU ENUM Workshop: Issues for Regulators, Policy Makers,
and Numb ering Authorities - January 17, 2001

At 04:09 PM 11/30/2000, Shaw, Robert wrote:

available, I'll announce it on the list for those who may wish to 
participate and also post it to www.itu.int/infocom/enum/
<http://www.itu.int/infocom/enum/> .

The site says:

  The Internet Architecture Board (IAB) and ITU-T 
  Study Group 2 are working together on the operational, 
  administration and delegation issues related to 
  deployment of ENUM protocol-based services. 

Could someone indicate:

1) the respective authority to do this, and
2) the basis, process and availability of materials 
   or dialogue associated with this activity?

--tony