Subject: [Enum] ITU ENUM Workshop: Issues for Regulators, Policy Makers, and Numb ering Authorities - January 17, 2001

From: "Shaw, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:09:08 +0100

List members:

This is an initial heads-up that ITU is organizing an ENUM 
Workshop: "Issues for Regulators, Policy Makers, and Numbering 
Authorities" on January 17, 2001. The meeting will be in Geneva,
Switzerland at the ITU. The target audience is the latter group 
and the objective is to provide better understanding of the 
technical/regulatory/competition policy implications of the 
ENUM protocol for those who will be involved in related 
"country-code" level policy decisions at both the sub-cc 
E.164 DNS and NAPTR provisioning/deprovisioning levels.

This date was chosen since an experts meeting related to an
ITU Policy Forum on IP telephony (in which ENUM is also a topic) 
will be held on January 18/19 as well as a normal ITU-T Study 
Group 2 for the following two weeks in Geneva.

IETF's ENUM Chair, Richard Shockey, Patrik Fältström, author of 
RFC 2916, and Mirjam Kuehne from RIPE NCC have also already agreed 
to participate on the 17th. 

We will work with Richard on a synthesis of the discussions on 
the list and from various drafts and discussions in San Diego to
provide some generic reference models for possible national or 
integrated numbering plan level consideration as an input to 
this meeting.

The meeting will be open, within space limitations of about 100
seats, and as soon as there is more detail and a registration form
available, I'll announce it on the list for those who may wish to 
participate and also post it to www.itu.int/infocom/enum/.

Bob
--
Robert Shaw <[email-masked]>
ITU Internet Strategy and Policy Advisor
International Telecommunication Union <http://www.itu.int>
Place des Nations, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Douglas Ranalli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:09:37 -0500

Richard and ENUM list-group,

I'm writing to follow-up on the note from Robert Shaw regarding the upcoming
ITU workshop on ENUM implementation.  My thought is that the "Roles &
Responsibilities" draft that we've been discussing on the list group is a
core document for ENUM and the ITU discussion.  The process of gaining
agreement on the set of "actors" in the ENUM System and the "roles and
responsibilities" of those actors is a foundation for all follow-on ENUM
work.  Based on this, I'd like to propose that we consider making the "Roles
& Responsibilities" draft a standards track document so that we can all work
to gain consensus on a common framework for advancing ENUM.  Please let me
know your thoughts.

Regards,

Doug

----- Original Message -----
From: Shaw, Robert <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 4:09 PM
Subject: [Enum] ITU ENUM Workshop: Issues for Regulators, Policy Makers, and
Numbering Authorities - January 17, 2001

List members:

Bob

---

From: "A.M. Rutkowski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:03:01 -0500

>participate and also post it to www.itu.int/infocom/enum/.

The site says:

   The Internet Architecture Board (IAB) and ITU-T
   Study Group 2 are working together on the operational,
   administration and delegation issues related to
   deployment of ENUM protocol-based services.

Could someone indicate:

1) the respective authority to do this, and
2) the basis, process and availability of materials
    or dialogue associated with this activity?

--tony