Subject: [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-pfautz-yu-enum-adm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 06:35:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ENUM Administrative Process in the U.S.A.
	Author(s)	: P. Pfautz, J. Yu
	Filename	: draft-pfautz-yu-enum-adm-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 18-Oct-00
	
This document considers administrative processes for ENUM in the 
U.S.A. and offers two 'strawman' proposals in the spirit of moving 
forward the work that must be done to implement a useful ENUM 
capability. The U.S.A. has implemented number portability; therefore, 
it is the telephony user that controls the assigned telephone number 
so long as it maintains the telephony service.  While the proposed 
processes are tailored for the U.S.A. they may be appropriate for use 
by other countries that implement number portability so that the 
donor telephony service provider (e.g., the telephony service 
provider that is assigned a block of telephony numbers before any 
number porting event happens from that number block) is not relied on 
for maintaining the delegation information for a telephone number 
(e.g., the Tier 1 function in the ENUM process).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-yu-enum-adm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pfautz-yu-enum-adm-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-yu-enum-adm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.