Subject: [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-pfautz-na-enum-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 06:49:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Administrative Requirements for Deployment of ENUM in 
                          North America
	Author(s)	: P. Pfautz
	Filename	: draft-pfautz-na-enum-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 11-Sep-00
	
This document discusses a number of the administrative issues that
must be resolved before effective deployment of ENUM[2,3] services
in complex environments with number portability and multiple
providers for using DNS for translation of E.164 (telephone)
numbers. North America is examined critically because its
environment may be more complex than most and because current
deregulation trends may drive other countries/regions in similar
directions. In particular the current mechanisms for number
administration and number portability in North America will require
establishment of a new administrative function for managing the
domain name entries for ported numbers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-na-enum-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pfautz-na-enum-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-na-enum-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.