Subject: [Enum] New version of draft-ietf-enum-164-dns

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 07:39:30 -0400

Some individuals came back to me with grammatical changes, and the 
IAB requested a change in the IANA Consideration Section to reflect 
the way they wanted to have it.

The I-D is passed to the IESG, and I hope it will be on the IESG 
agenda next thursday.

    Regards, Patrik

FYI: The changes between 02 and 03 are as follows. All of them are 
seen as changes as requested during last call:

Document is spellchecked.

Grammatical fixes in section 2, to make it more clear. For example 
"part from" changed to "with the exception of".

Example 3.2.1 corrected so "This describes that the domain tele2.se 
is" is replaced by "This describes that the domain 
4.3.2.1.6.7.9.8.6.4.e164.arpa is".

IANA considerations changed

FROM:

>4. IANA considerations
>
>    IANA is to create the E164.ARPA domain in the ARPA zone, and
>    delegate names in the zone to parties according to the ITU
>    recommendation E.164. The names allocated should be hierarchically
>    allocated according to the description in this document, and the
>    codes assigned in the E.164 recommendation by ITU.
>
>    Delegations should be done after Expert Review, and the IESG will
>    appoint a designated expert.
>

TO:

>4. IANA considerations
>
>    This memo requests that the IANA delegate the E164.ARPA domain
>    following instructions to be provided by the IAB. Names within this
>    zone are to be delegated to parties according to the ITU
>    recommendation E.164. The names allocated should be hierarchic in
>    accordance with ITU Recommendation E.164, and the codes should
>    assigned in accordance with that Recommendation.
>
>    Delegations should be done after Expert Review, and the IESG will
>    appoint a designated expert.

Addition to the security considerations:

>    There are a number of countries (and other numbering environments)
>    in which there are multiple providers of call routing and
>    number/name-translation services.  In these areas, any system that
>    permits users, or putative agents for users, to change routing or
>    supplier information may provide incentives for changes that are
>    actually unauthorized (and, in some cases, for denial of legitimate
>    change requests).  Such environments should be designed with
>    adequate mechanisms for identification and authentication of those
>    requesting changes and for authorization of those changes.

Appendix A and Examples corrected to reflect correct service field 
and flags in the NAPTR records used in the examples.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum