Subject: [Enum] Clarifications on E2U

From: Hong Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 01:50:32 -0400

Patrik,

I have the following questions regarding the definition of E2U in the
protocol document, most of which are of editorial nature:
(1) Output: One or more URLs
Do you mean one or more URIs?
(2) Error Conditions:
a) E.164 number not in the numbering plan
Do you mean the E.164 number is not in use or it is not a valid E.164
number?
b) E.164 number in the numbering plan, but no URLs exist for that number

Do you mean that the E.164 number is not listed? Should URL be URI?
c) Service unavailable
Do you mean that the NAPTR RRs returned do not contain the service E2U?
(3) Is it necessary to add IANA considerations for registration of such
services?

Thanks for the clarifications,

--Hong

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:27:56 +0200

>Do you mean one or more URIs?

Correct. All occurences of "URL" will be changed to "URI".

>Do you mean the E.164 number is not in use or it is not a valid E.164

Not a number in the numbering plan for whatever reasons. I.e. some 
number which a user claim is a E.164 number which there is no NAPTR 
RR. From my perspective, it doesn't matter what the problem is.

If a "dialogue" asks me on a webpage to enter a E.164 number, and I 
enter "+123", what kind of problem is that? From the softwares 
perspective, no NAPTR is in DNS for various reasons.

>Do you mean that the E.164 number is not listed? Should URL be URI?

A number which is correct (for example by having (a) above, but the 
software knows by checking the assignment plans that a E.164 is 
valid, is in use, but no NAPTR exist in DNS.

>Do you mean that the NAPTR RRs returned do not contain the service E2U?

No, that the URL which is in the NAPTR "doesn't work".

>(3) Is it necessary to add IANA considerations for registration of such

No.

   paf