Subject: [Enum] Paragraph addition due to last-call-comments, draft-ietf-enum-e164-dns

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:17:16 +0200

In discussions between myself, the chair of the working group and the 
area director in charge, we have made the decision that the 
discussions on the mailing list concludes that we want the following 
paragraph added:

>2.1 Special note about the '+'
>
>The '+' is kept in stage 2 in section 2 to flag that the number which
>the regular expression is operating on is a E.164 number. Future work
>will be needed to determine how other numbering plans (such as closed
>ones) might be identified. It is possible, but not definite, that they
>would use a similar mechanism as the one described in this document.

This is based on the fact that people want to have clearifications 
about why the '+' is there, but there is definitely not consensus in 
the wg to remove the '+'. A majority of the comments I got back in 
private email was in favour of keeping the '+'.

I will ask this paragraph to be added.

    Patrik Faltstrom
    Document Editor

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum