Subject: [Enum] draft-ietf-enum-e164-dns-03.txt

From: James Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:39:38 -0500

Patrik,

A few comments:

-  In several places, you mentioned that "An E.164 number, without any
characters but leading '+' and digits, (result of step 2 in section 2 above)
is the input to the NAPTR algorithm."   Since '+' has been removed from the
E.164 number during the "enum process" of formulating the DNS query, it is
not clear how this leading '+' in the original E.164 number has anything to
do with the NAPTR algorithm during the DNS process.    I noticed that you
specified to use the E.164 number in the form as specified in step 2 in
section 2 (i.e., '+'  plus the E.164 number) as the first operand in section
3.1.2.  Is there a special reason that the leading '+' must be there?    It
would be better to discuss how to formulate/recover the E.164 number from
the DNS query (which has the format of x.x.x.x.x.x.x.e164.arpa) without
referring to the enum process (that formulates the DNS query) if we are
addressing the NAPTR algorithm.  

- Page 5, section 3.2.2, 1st paragraph, 2nd to the last line:
  Please clarify which procedure is restarted with this new E.164 number.
Is it the enum procedure or is it the tel procedure?   I guess that you are
talking about the enum process.  So if the tel URL contains the same E.164
number, a loop is detected and the client shall not repeat the enum process.
But if the tel URL contains a different E.164 number, then the enum process
will start again.  Or are you implying that the enum process will not
restart for any E.164 number in the tel URL? 

- Editorial comments:
 * Page 2, step 1, 2nd line:
   Change "countrycode IDDD" to "country code."
 * Page 3, section 3.1, 2nd line:
   Incomplete sentence.  It seems that you want to refer to a reference (for
details) but also show some info. from that reference below the sentence.
 * Page 4, last paragraph:
   Change "a one" to "an" at the 1st line and "step" to "steps" at the last
line.
 * Page 5, section 3.2.3, 1st paragraph, 2nd line:
   Change "countrycode" to "country code."
 * Section 6, 1st line:
   Change "has" to "have."

James

James Yu
Principal Technical Industry Liaison
NeuStar Inc.
1120 Vermont Avenue, NW,
Suite 550
Washington, D.C. 20005
USA
+1-202-533-2814 (B)
+1-202-533-2976 (Fax)
+1-202-256-1200 (Mobile)
[email-masked]
http://www.neustar.com

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum