Subject: [Enum] draft-ietf-enum-e164-dns-02.txt: REGEXP problems in examples

From: Hong Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 22:21:05 -0400

Patrik,

I have a couple of questions in draft-ietf-enum-e164-dns-02.txt:

(1) 3.2.3 Example 3

   $ORIGIN 6.4.e164.arpa.
   * IN NAPTR 100 10 "u" "sip+E2U"
"!^+46(.*)$!ldap://ldap.example.se/cn=0$1!" .

Do you mean

   $ORIGIN 6.4.e164.arpa.
   * IN NAPTR 100 10 "u" "sip+E2U"
"!^+46(.*)$!ldap://ldap.example.se/cn=0\1!i" .

I understand you want to feed the trailing digits of the input to an
LDAP server, with 0 prepended. Maybe I misunderstood the NAPTR RR
syntax.

(2) In Appendix A. Scenario, in many cases, you use flag "a" in an NAPTR
RR. Do you mean "u" instead?

Thanks in advanced for the clarification,

--Hong

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 19:29:45 -0700

>LDAP server, with 0 prepended. Maybe I misunderstood the NAPTR RR

Yes. I have a mistake in the example. It should be \1 and not $1. The 
grammar in the NAPTR spec is:

    backref      = "\" 1POS_DIGIT

>RR. Do you mean "u" instead?

Yes. This is a mistake of mine still having "a" in those. It is a 
leftover because I have not found them all...sigh...hope to find them 
all next round of changes.

   paf