Subject: [Enum] FYI VPIM use of ENUM

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:44:35 -0500

In case you all had not seen these..these documents discuss the use of ENUM 
in the VPIM context.

#############

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail Working 
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Voice Message Routing Service
	Author(s)	: G. Vaudreuil
	Filename	: draft-ietf-vpim-routing-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 20-Jul-00
	
Voice messaging is traditionally addressed using telephone number
addressing. This document describes two techniques for routing voice
messages based on a telephone number.  The VPIM Directory service
provides a mechanism to map between a telephone number and a VPIM
email address and confirm that the address is both valid and the
assocaited with the intended recipient.  However this service will
take time become widely deployed in the nearest term.  This document
also describes a more limited send-and-pray service useful simply to
route and deliver message using only the existing DNS mail routing
facilies, the ENUM telephone number resolution service, and a set of
pre-defined address creation rules.
Please send comments on this document to the VPIM working group
mailing list <[email-masked]>

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-routing-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail Working 
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Voice Messaging Directory Service
	Author(s)	: A. Brown, G. Vaudreuil
	Filename	: draft-ietf-vpim-vpimdir-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 20-Jul-00
	
This document provides details of the VPIM directory service.  The
service provides the email address of the recipient given a telephone
number.  It optionally provides the spoken name of the recipient and
the media capabilities of the recipient.
Please send comments on this document to the VPIM working group
mailing list <[email-masked]>

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-vpimdir-00.txt

Please Note New Contact Information:

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
5237 Sutherland
St. Louis, MO 63109
Voice 314.503.0640
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : [email-masked]
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum