Subject: [Enum] draft-ietf-enum-e164-dns-02.txt: NAPTR algorithm

From: Hong Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 22:20:55 -0400

Patrik,

In draft-ietf-enum-e164-dns-02.txt, there are a number of places that
mention using the normalized E.164 number (with a + as the first char
followed by digits) as input to the NAPTR algorithm. It would be nice if
you could add some text explaining what the NAPTR algorithm means. May
be simply a pointer to the text in the NAPTR RR spec will suffice.

Cheers,

--Hong

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 19:28:16 -0700

At 22.20 -0400 00-07-23, Hong Liu wrote:
>It would be nice if
>you could add some text explaining what the NAPTR algorithm means.

In the algorithm you use when you get back a rewrite rule in a NAPTR 
RR. Especially when you get back a non-terminal NAPTR RR.

See NAPTR specification for examples.

   paf