Subject: [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-rqmts-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 06:59:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ENUM Requirements
	Author(s)	: A. Brown
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-rqmts-01.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 13-Jun-00
	
This paper defines the requirements for a DNS-based architecture and
protocols for mapping a telephone number to a set of attributes
(e.g., URLs) which can be used to contact a resource associated with
that number. There are many possible protocols that can be
considered for a telephone number mapping service.  The purpose of
this document is to focus discussion on a DNS-based solution.  The
intention is to enumerate the expectations of such a solution and to
clarify the scope.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-rqmts-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-enum-rqmts-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-rqmts-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.