Subject: [Enum] My Presentation Slide

From: FUJIKAWA Kenji <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:02:21 +0900

I understand the following slide is basically out of scope 
of ENUM WG.

However, this information is meaningful for ENUM WG,
since some peaple are concerning how the ENUM mechanism 
coordinates with a local policy.

I believe this can be one of solutions.

Thank you again for giving me the presentation time.
---------------------------------------------------------------
FUJIKAWA, Kenji @ Grad. Sch. of Informatics, Kyoto Univ., Japan
 WWW: http://www.lab1.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~fujikawa/index-e.html
                        TEL +81 75-753-5387 FAX +81 75-751-0482
                              E-mail [email-masked]

One Idea for Coordinating Local Policy  
                                K. Fujikawa @ Kyoto Univ. Japan

 Problem: There is a case where a local policy is required

 One solution: Query a directory server with HTTP

  If the number 1234567 should be processed LOCALLY

          Query by HTTP
          (GET /?1234567)      
   Client -------------->  Directory Server 
          <-------------        |^
          Answer by HTTP        V|
          (sip:foo@bar)     Local Database

  If the number 7654321 should be processed GLOBALLY

                                          ENUM Mechanism
          Query by HTTP
	  (GET /?7654321)                   DNS query
   Client -------------->  Directory Server ----------> DNS Server
          <-------------                    <---------
          Answer by HTTP                    DNS response
          (sip:bar@foo)                    (sip:bar@foo)