Subject: [Enum] Agenda for ENUM and Adelaide - The WG chair comes clean

From: Scott Petrack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:30:12 -0500 (EST)

Dear Friends:

I wish to explain and apologize for my almost complete lack of presence
during the last few months. What happened is quite simple: I became
extremely ill in early January; this took up almost my entire time
throughout the month and much of February. The time since then has been
spent recovering my day job. I'm pretty much recovered now, but the end
result of all of this is that I've pretty much been completely out of
commission for exactly one "IETF-period".

I fully realize that ENUM has been having some very interesting
discussions without me, but my absence has really hurt the progression of
the two drafts, of Anne and of Patrik. The good news is that our
currently chartered work is of sufficiently narrow scope that I feel sure
we can progress to a summer close. The bad news is that because of me,
much time has been lost. I can only give my committment and the
commitment of my company that I shall be absolutely be able to allocate
the needed time and attention to get the job done. It is not appropriate
to get into my personal details of the past few months; suffice it to say
that it seems certain that what I had will no longer interfere with
the performance of my duties.

Here is how I suggest that we get back on track:

1. I propose the following agenda for Adelaide:

	a. discussion of draft-ietf-enum-rqmts-00.txt issues from the list
	b. discussion of draft-faltstrom-e164-05.txt issues from the
list(s)
	c. Greg Vaudreuil has asked for time to present his point of view
	d. discussion of some other issues from the list

Should someone else need to speak, I will be at the Hyatt in Adelaide from 
Friday on, and I am now fully back in email.

2. I intend to work double-time over the next few weeks to resolve the
open issues of how ENUM fits into to other related groups. This is
something I had no choice but to ignore during the past few months, as I
could barely read email. 

Once again, apologies to all those who have been annoyed or frustrated by
my lack of communication over the past few months. Such nonsense is over
now. Since the last IETF, I see that many people have woken up to the
tremendous potential that ENUM has. 

Scott

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum