Subject: [ENUM] NAPTR record

From: "David P. Peek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:47:49 -0600

Hello Enum,

It has been brought to my attention that the NAPTR replacement field may
only allow fully
qualified domain names. (?)  After re-reading RFC 2168 I only see references
to the
replacement field as a domain name and it wasn't clear that the replacement
field
could be used in this manner.  Can anyone help me to confirm that the
replacement field can be used to store information other then a FQDN?  Has
anyone
tried to request NAPTR records with this type of data stored in the
replacement field?
Thanks- dp

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum