Subject: [Emo-dir] Fwd: IETF Education, Mentoring & Outreach Directorate (emodir) update and invitation

From: Joey Salazar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 13:54:57 -0600

*** ESP

Hola ietf-lac,

Siguiendo el anuncio de Lars de la semana pasada, así como conversaciones
previas con Álvaro y Juliana, queremos formalmente extender la invitación a
este grupo para que tod@s los que estén interesad@s en apoyar el trabajo de
emodir se unan a la lista de distribución emo-dir.

Conforme a lo mencionado en el correo de Lars abajo, una de las audiencias
en las que emodir se enfoca es la de “Participantes nuevos y potenciales en
el IETF”, por lo que estaremos iniciando actividades de divulgación en
algunos meses, donde su participación e ideas serán muy bien recibidas y
apreciadas.

Esperando podamos trabajar junt@s pronto,

emodir

**** ENG

Hi ietf-lac group,

Following up on Lars’ announcement email last week, as well as on previous
conversations with Alvaro and Juliana, we want to formally extend an
invitation to this group so that all those interested in helping with the
work of emodir can join our emo-dir mailing list.

As mentioned in Lars’ email below, one of our core target audiences is
“Potential and new IETF participants”, for which we will be starting on
Outreach in the upcoming months, and we will very much welcome your
participation and ideas.

Looking forward to working together soon,

emodir

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 4:23 PM
Subject: [Emo-dir] IETF Education, Mentoring & Outreach Directorate
(emodir) update and invitation
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

The IETF Education, Mentoring & Outreach Directorate (emodir) [0]
strives to enhance the productivity of IETF work, expand the
diversity and inclusiveness of the IETF, and enable the IETF to
facilitate technical development and innovation in the Internet. The
directorate is made up of invited individuals actively working on
projects related to the mission of emodir.

Directorate activities are structured around audiences, with specific
activities tailored to per-audience requirements and desired outcomes.
Over the past few years, emodir has been the home for a range of
ongoing activities, including those of the EDU Team and Mentoring. Both
of these will now be formally re-organized under emodir according to
their specific audience. Current target audiences are:

  1. Potential and new IETF participants,
  2. Current IETF participants, and
  3. IETF leadership.

As previously announced [1], Joey Salazar has been ramping up in the
role of co-coordinator with Karen O’Donoghue. Greg Wood has also joined
as a co-coordinator to ensure emodir activities are well supported by
and coordinated with the IETF LLC.

Going forward, emodir will hold recurring meetings that will be open to
observers in addition to emodir members. The emodir mailing list itself
is open to all IETF participants and you are invited to join by
submitting a subscription request:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emo-dir/

I encourage anyone interested in helping the IETF work better to get
involved in emodir, and take part in current and upcoming projects for
potential, new, and current participants.

Further detail about emodir, including about specific activities, is
available at: https://trac.ietf.org/trac/emodir/wiki

Lars Eggert
IETF Chair

[0] https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/emodir/about/
[1]
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/sreRwpVxsZd7OmsCelQ_Y7fRpSs/
_______________________________________________
Emo-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emo-dir

---

From: Tomas Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 13:11:32 -0400

Excelente noticia Joey!

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 3:54 PM Joey Salazar <[email-masked]> wrote:

> este grupo para que tod@s los que estén interesad@s en apoyar el trabajo
> de emodir se unan a la lista de distribución emo-dir.
>
> _____________________________________________
> Ietf-lac mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Cancelar suscripcion: [email-masked]
>
>