Subject: [Emo-dir] next steps on IETF Outreach

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 22:46:30 -0400

After the webconference about IETF Local Communities and IETF Outreach,
I and my co-authors have taken another pass at what is the appropriate
structure
and necessary (very minimal) applications of policy in
draft-atlas-geo-focused-activities-01.
Feedback would be welcome. My expectation is to use this for the next year
or so for how the IETF Outreach work will be organized and improve it
before thinking about publication.  I would like to start having more IETF
Local Communities start up and would be delighted to chat with anyone who
is potentially interested in being a coordinator.

I am considering holding a side-meeting at IETF 100 also; please privately
email me
with thoughts.

For those curious about what an IETF Local Community meeting can be like,
do ask
on [email-masked] or someone you know.  Organizational details
are on the
wiki at: https://trac.ietf.org/trac/edu/wiki/BostonLocal

Regards,
Alia

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 10:36 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-atlas-geo-focused-activities-01.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Geographically-Focused IETF Activities
        Authors         : Alia Atlas
                          Christian O’Flaherty
                          Harish Chowdhary
                          Scott Bradner
        Filename        : draft-atlas-geo-focused-activities-01.txt
        Pages           : 13
        Date            : 2017-10-29

Abstract:
   The IETF has a variety of activities beyond those that are part of
   the standards process.  IETF activities that aren't part of the
   standards process are still quite useful for the IETF mission.  Some
   of these activities, such as IETF hackathons, tutorials, and
   mentoring, occur at in-person meetings.  There has been and continues
   to be interest in having such activities located in different
   geographical areas.

   The document defines how the IETF organizes our Geographically-
   Focused Activities.  It is intended for eventual publication as a BCP
   but this is currently an initial strawman proposal based upon the
   existing variety of experience with the experimental activities in
   this space over the past several years.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atlas-geo-focused-activities/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-atlas-geo-focused-activities-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-atlas-geo-focused-activities-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-atlas-geo-focused-activities-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt