Subject: [drinks] Design team call 2012-07-11 DRAFT minutes

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:48:17 +0000

DRINKS design team call DRAFT minutes 2012-07-11
================================================

Design team call on 2012-07-11, 10am - 10:40am

Participants
------------

 - Dean
 - Vikas
 - Sumanth
 - Manjul
 - Alex

ACTION ITEMS
------------

1/ Modify document(s) to specify "rollback" as the only operational
   mode for the SOAP transport (Alex)

2/ Continue Reviewing  documents (All)

Minutes
-------

Sumanth opens the meeting, and mentions the various mails sent to the design team.

Vikas incorporated some comments directly into the documents after David sent them,
result was sent to the design team.

Alex' 2nd comment was not yet incorporated by Vikas.

Discussion around the status of "commit vs rollback" definition arises.
Q: Status of the "commit and rollback"? Dean sent DoS text, but didn't do
anything regarding commit/rollback..

Dean: If we want to do both, we would need to have a different requesttype,
and also a new response code in order to signal back.

Reordering of requests must not happen in either case.

Alex is concerned about introducing a second operational mode into the protocol. 
Dean also thinks we should not add a second operational mode.

Sumanth: We have a long standing decision that we should stick to - being "rollback"
Manjul agrees, Vikas has concerns.

Currently, docs leave the option open, but server cannot indicate 
which "mode" of operation it followed. 

Alex notes that Ken said last time giant bulk requests would likely not use 
SOAP transport - so leave it open in the framework, and specify it in the SOAP?

Sumanth describes Options:

1) stick to previous decision, and do only rollback
2) leave it open, and adapt response structure accordingly.

Vikas: We could add the info to the getserverdetails request.

Vikas: ok with keeping both if clarifications are minor
Alex: Understand that some use cases will work better with partial commit.

Sumanth: From chair's perspective, we need to clarify within the next 
few days, before the deadline. Monday is deadline. 
Timing issue - we won't send the docs to WGLC without addressing this.

Sumanth: The document that goes to WGLC should be the one we submit on 
monday, no "postponed" changes.

Decision: Since nobody has the time to address the add the text around adding 
both options, we stick with rollback only. 

Alex volunteers to change the documents by tomorrow morning US time. 

Meeting concludes.