Subject: [drinks] DRAFT minutes of the DRINKS design team call on Jun 13 2012.

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:09:31 +0000

DRAFT minuts of the DRINKS design team call 
===========================================

Jun 13 2012, 10am - 11am eastern.

Participants
------------

- Vikas Bhatia
- David Schwartz 
- Alexander Mayrhofer
- Ken Cartwright

Apologies
---------

- Dean Willis
- Sumanth Channabasappa

ACTION ITEMS
------------

1/ Alex: update i18n and comparison text 
2/ David: fix egress route examples once Alex hands back document token
3/ WG Chairs: Contact IESG regarding author list preference.
4/ David: Propose DoS text

Minutes
-------

David leads through the new document, explains changes. the xml2rfc 
processing issues are now solved. Asks everybody to review the changes 
in a diff, did some wordsmithing as well.

Internationalization
--------------------

Alex proposes an internationalization text for the document:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/drinks/current/msg01198.html

Vikas notes that we need some text in the SOAP document regarding 
the actual implementation. Discussion about language indicator:
Server required to follow clients request? Alex clarifies: language 
indicated by the client is actually a "preference" rather than a requirement.

Alex explains comparison options, Vikas mentions rfc 2277 has some respective 
text.

Alex asks whether we would keep the case insensitivity or not. 
All on the call tend to want identifiers to be case insensitive, this 
will require extra text to clarify. Not clarifying it could lead to 
interopability issues.

Alex will propose some text regarding case insensitivity when he edits 
the docs.

DoS
---

Ken did not have time to work on text. David wants to 
close this - will propose some text.

Authorship
----------

Alex proposes the new list of authorship as discussed among the co-chairs, 
Ken says JF Mule should be on the framework document as well, and syed 
on the framework document as well.

Alex mentions another option would be that there's only an "editor", and 
the authors are in the Ack section.

Ken would be fine with the option of "editor" as well. 

Chairs will communicate with IESG what the preferred solution is.

Next Steps
----------

Token goes to Alex - he changes internationalization text, and then 
gives back the token to david.

Vikas notes there's still a bug in the egress route example - david will 
fix that once the token goes back to him.

Call concludes around 16:50.