Subject: [drinks] Minutes of the DRINKS design team call Jan 18th 2012

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:30:05 +0100

Here are the minutes of last week's Design Team Call - sorry for the
delay:

DRINKS Design Team Call
===================

Jan 18th 2012, 10:00a - 11:10a Eastern Time

Participants
=========

- Manjul Maharishi
- Ken Cartwright
- Dean Willis
- Sumanth Channabasappa
- Vikas Bhatia
- David Schwartz
- Alexander Mayrhofer

Action Items Update
================

- [Design Team] continue review of comments 
- [Alex] Change proposed Internationalization text to reflect Ken's
points
- [WG Chairs] Modify the WG timelines
- [WG Chairs] Find external reviewers for Security / WSDL/XSD
- [Design Team] Nomenclature for drafts - still open?
- [David] Provide WSDL update for inclusion of PeeringGroup, so that
others can review and decide
- [WG Chairs] Create agenda for the interim meeting

Agenda
=======
- Discuss progress so far (refer to mailing list emails) and next steps
- Plan for the interim meeting (and are there any issues with the
interim date?)

Document Updates
------------------------

The use cases document was published as RFC6461 - thanks to Sumanth for
addressing the AUTH48 stuff, and the AD comments!

Internationalization
------------------------

Alex has sent some text about internationalization to the mailing list,
however it was felt that the proposed text is more about comparison of
identifiers. Ken comments that he sees 3 aspects in i18n that we need to
cover:

- Encoding: Recommend UTF-8 (require it, even?)
- Language identification of human readable messages (see RFC 4646, and
the EPP RFCs for examples)
- Time Zones (Group strongly indicated preference to simply use UTC)

The original text by Alex was still considered valuable, but text for
the 3 aspects above is needed. Alex will create text, and post to the
list.

Draft reviewal updates
----------------------------

Vikas' response to David's email is discussed, particularly there's a
lively discussion around the topic of a potential relation between a
public identifier and a route group. It would probably also affect the
already published use cases document, because it would require a new use
case? 

David also would love to see something like a "Peering group", and will
propose respective text to the mailing list (Will create an updated WSDL
that the design team will subsequently review).

Interim Meeting
--------------------

Sumanth asked whether anyone would have a problem with the limited
RTCWEB overlap, and no one had objections. Also, no responses have been
received to the mail Alex sent to the mailing list, so it is assumed
that the overlap is not a problem. The meeting will be held as
originally scheduled, no change. Dean couldn't respond, because he had
to leave the call.

Ken asked about the goal of the interim. Sumanth explained that it was a
checkpoint to address the comments we have received thus far (by the
deadline last week), to note down the open items, and to discuss and
prioritize the open items so that we can prepare a plan to complete this
work asap. If not, we may defer the work so much that we will miss it.

Vikas asked about expectations in preparation for the interim. Sumaht
told him that he should plan on addressing comments received by the
deadline, and anything else he can. Based on the action items from
today, the WG chairs can come up with the list of final items before the
interim. Vikas offered to help with the list, if need be (WG Chairs will
check with him offline). 

Document nomenclature
------------------------------

Sumanth volunteered WG Chairs to finalize the document names, clear
Vikas as an author, and work with Vikas to incorporate the changes.
Sumanth asked him to contact the chairs prior to any formal document
updates.

Next call
----------

Wed, Jan 25 2012, 10:00a - 11:00a ET

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:30:00 -0500

Hey guys ..you have some new customers!

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/com100/2012/r120119.htm

See Paragraph 69-70

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Alexander Mayrhofer
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:30 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [drinks] Minutes of the DRINKS design team call Jan 18th 2012

DRINKS Design Team Call
===================

Participants
=========

- Manjul Maharishi
- Ken Cartwright
- Dean Willis
- Sumanth Channabasappa
- Vikas Bhatia
- David Schwartz
- Alexander Mayrhofer

Action Items Update
================

Agenda
=======

Document Updates
------------------------

Internationalization
------------------------

Draft reviewal updates

Interim Meeting
--------------------

Document nomenclature

Next call
----------

_______________________________________________
drinks mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/drinks