Subject: Re: [dispatch] [Uri-review] Internet-Draft: Using URIs With Multiple Transport Stacks

From: David Booth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 18:21:44 -0400

On 07/31/2017 12:17 AM, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:
[ . . . ]
> A little history on the drafts at:
> 
> https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/SchemeProtocols.html
> 
> There were two of these drafts, [ . . . ]

It sounds to me like the history that you just explained in email would 
be a perfect addition to those draft documents, as an editor note, so 
that people who find them can more easily understand their context.

Thanks,
David Booth

---

From: Noah Mendelsohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 12:19:52 -0400

On 8/3/2017 6:21 PM, David Booth wrote:
> It sounds to me like the history that you just explained in email would be 
> a perfect addition to those draft documents, as an editor note, so that 
> people who find them can more easily understand their context.

Maybe. What I wrote in the email is just my recollection of what happened 
more than ten years ago; I'm not 100% sure other TAG members would have 
seen it the same way at the time or would recall it the same way now.

Perhaps it would be better to record a briefer note that there was some 
history of difficulty in reaching consensus on the connection between URI 
schemes and protocols, perhaps with a link to my email as background reading?

In any case, I have no strong feelings about what should be done now.

Noah