Subject: [dispatch] Possible IPR or DKIM key hashes in DNS

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 20:02:51 -0700

In this morning's DISPATCH meeting, I didn't intend to scare people away
from the idea of putting key hashes in DNS, just to point out that there
is a possibly relevant patent. It is:

https://www.google.com/patents/US7437558

Hopefully that isn't a problem.

-Jim

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 10:10:42 -0500

[as an individual]

> Hopefully that isn't a problem.

Indeed, it would be helpful if someone were to compose an internet draft 
on this topic so that the patent holder would have an opportunity to 
make a disclosure. I'll point out that the IPR holder in question has a 
history of licensing patents related to IETF technologies under terms 
that are frequently deemed by WG participants to be sufficiently 
acceptable so as to move forward anyway. For a number of examples, see 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/search/?draft=&rfc=&doctitle=&group=&holder=Cisco&submit=holder&iprtitle=&patent=>.

/a