Subject: [dispatch] draft-perez-dispatch-sdcp-00 submitted

From: "Cristian F. Perez Monte" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 22:04:45 -0300

Hi all,

We have submitted a new draft to dispatch, draft-perez-dispatch-sdcp-00 :
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perez-dispatch-sdcp/
I hope your suggestions and comments. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Cristian

---

From: Ana Laura Diedrichs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:43:40 +0200

Hi people, feedback would be appreciated for this draft 
draft-perez-dispatch-sdcp-00 :
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perez-dispatch-sdcp/

Thanks in advanced,

Ana Diedrichs

Intro:

The amount of information transmitted from human-to-computer (H2C) is
usually very small. This is the case of information generated by
input devices, for example, keyboards, mouses or touch screens.
Conversely, the amount of information transmitted from computer-to-
human (C2H) is huge which is increasing over time. This is the case
of information generated for output devices, such as computer
monitors, mobile phone screens or virtual reality headsets.
Furthermore, the hardware resources such as data processing, network
bandwidth or storage are also considerable. H2C control data is
required to generate C2H data, such as virtual reality and other
applications. In this way, H2C control data may be sending to many
nodes in multicast method by best-effort delivery and processing.
The protocol has been implemented by [Perez-Monte14] with good
results and its has been descripted in detail by [Perez-Monte16].
Streaming Distributed Control Protocol (SDCP) is an application-level
protocol for control of streaming distributed generation. SDCP is
built over the User Datagram Protocol (UDP) [RFC0768] or the
Lightweight User Datagram Protocol (UDP-Lite) [RFC3828], which
provides a connection less deterministic transport mechanism. SDCP
provides the complete information for suitable streaming distributed
generation. Other mechanism have been specified to transmit
multimedia streaming, including the Real Time Streaming Protocol
(RTSP) [RFC2326]. The SDCP is not meant to displace this mechanism
but rather complement it.