Subject: [dispatch] New Version Notification for draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-04.txt

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 12:50:55 -0700

Hi apps-discuss and dispatch:

We present the latest version of CBOR Tags and Techniques. Version-03 
added the stuff listed in the title. Based on (rather limited but 
pointed) feedback, version-04 mainly revised the title and the abstract 
so that it more accurately reflects the current contents.

For dispatch@: "what shall we do with it?"

And for apps-discuss@: "what do you think of it?"

Regards,

Sean

PS As stated in the -03 announcement, the details of Sections 6 and 
onwards were mostly written by me, so you can (politely) flame on me 
rather than both of us if you have concerns or feedback on that material.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-04.txt
Date: 	Fri, 08 Jul 2016 08:32:40 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Sean Leonard and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid
Revision:	04
Title:		Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags and Techniques
                 for Object Identifiers, Enumerations, Binary Entities,
                 Regular Expressions, and Sets
Document date:	2016-07-08
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		32
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-04.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-04
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-04

Abstract:
    The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC 7049) is a data
    format whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small
    code size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the
    need for version negotiation.

    Useful tags and techniques have emerged since the publication of RFC
    7049; the present document makes use of CBOR's built-in major types
    to define and refine several useful constructs, without changing the
    wire protocol.  This document adds object identifiers (OIDs) to CBOR
    with CBOR tags <<O>> and <<R>> [values TBD].  It is intended as the
    reference document for the IANA registration of the CBOR tags so
    defined.  Useful techniques for enumerations and sets are presented
    (without new tags).  As the documentation for MIME entities (tag 36)
    and regular expressions (tag 35) RFC 7049 left much out, this
    document provides more comprehensive specifications.