Subject: [dispatch] draft-holmberg-dispatch-mcptt-rp-namespace - Improve namespace name?

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 11:36:29 -0400

This is a minor thing, but I see in sections 3.1 and 3.2:

   This document introduces the MCPTT namespaces mcptt1 and mcptt2, the
   name coming from the 3GPP defined Mission Critical Push To Talk
   service.

   The MCPTT namespaces use the priority levels listed below from lowest
   to highest priority.

      mcpttN.1 (lowest priority)
      [...]

   where N is 1 or 2.

   Intended algorithm for mcptt1 is preemption, and for mcptt2 is
   queueing.

I don't know if it can be changed in 3GPP at this late date, but it
would be more mnemonic if they were named "mcptt-p" and "mcptt-q", so
you could tell at a glance whether it was a preemption or a queueing
priority.

Dale

---

From: Jörgen Axell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 07:48:01 +0000

Hi,

Thanks, that should be possible to do. They will be spelled out explicitly also on request from Mary. The numbering was chosen following the style in the definitions in RFC 5478.

Regards,
Jörgen

-----Original Message-----
From: dispatch [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dale R. Worley
Sent: 06 April 2016 17:36
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dispatch] draft-holmberg-dispatch-mcptt-rp-namespace - Improve namespace name?

   where N is 1 or 2.

I don't know if it can be changed in 3GPP at this late date, but it would be more mnemonic if they were named "mcptt-p" and "mcptt-q", so you could tell at a glance whether it was a preemption or a queueing priority.

Dale

_______________________________________________
dispatch mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 13:37:36 -0400

J\"orgen Axell <[email-masked]> writes:
> Thanks, that should be possible to do. They will be spelled out
> explicitly also on request from Mary. The numbering was chosen
> following the style in the definitions in RFC 5478.

I have no objection to having two namespaces differentiated solely by a
number.  But I realized that if I tried to work with them, I would be
constantly asking myself which one was queued and which was preemptive.
(All 40 of 5478's its namespaces are preemptive.)

Dale