Subject: [dispatch] Shepherd review of draft-salgueiro-dispatch-websocket-sipclf

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 10:01:03 -0500

I am shepherding draft-salgueiro-dispatch-websocket-sipclf.

The document is ready to be sent further, but does need one more
revision to address minor issues identified below.  Once a revision
is submitted, I will go ahead and post the PROTO writeup and we can
move ahead from there.

Here are the minor issues in document-order form:

- S1: s/two-way message/bi-directional message/
- S1: s/reuse existing HTTP infrastructure/reuse existing transport
       connections/
       (Reason: The term "HTTP infrastructure" is fairly large and
        contains caches, proxies, load balancers, etc.  I believe
        what you are most interested in reusing is the connection
        itself.)
- S3: s/document details/document contains/
- S5: In the examples, you may want to provide some hints on how to
       base64 decode the encoded blob of text.  I suspect you used
       uuencode(1) to encode, so simply pointing out to the reader to
       use uudecode(1) suffices.

       Alternatively (or in addition), you can use the Perl script
       contained in Section 5 of rfc6873 with one simple modification:
       rfc6873 uses "begin-base64 644 clf_record" as the begin marker,
       your examples imply that the begin marker should be
       "begin-base64 644 clf_ws_record"

That's it.  Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web: http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/  | Calendar: http://goo.gl/x3Ogq

---

From: "Gonzalo Salgueiro (gsalguei)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 03:53:24 +0000

Thanks for your review, Vijay.

I have submitted an -01 that hopefully addresses all your comments. 

Reviews from others are certainly welcomed and much appreciated.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

On Apr 7, 2014, at 11:01 AM, Vijay K. Gurbani <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch