Subject: [dispatch] Fwd: [SIPForum-techwg] SIPNOC 2014 Call for Presentations and Early-Bird Registration Deadlines Extended!

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 11:57:43 -0600

I thought this might be of interest since SIPNOC is directly relevant to
many folks subscribed to these mailing lists.

Regards,
Mary.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marc Robins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Subject: [SIPForum-techwg] SIPNOC 2014 Call for Presentations and
Early-Bird Registration Deadlines Extended!
To: [email-masked]

SIPNOC 2014 Call for Presentations and Early-Bird Registration Deadlines
Extended!

*Proposals are being accepted for workshops, panels, speaker presentations
and “Birds of a Feather” sessions addressing the deployment of SIP in
service provider environments at SIPNOC 2014, June 9 -12, 2014.*

A three-day educational conference focusing on the challenges and
opportunities related to the deployment of SIP-based carrier services
globally, SIPNOC 2014 is a unique, network operator-centric event.
Organizers invite companies, executives and industry insiders to propose
presentations highlighting the use of session initiation protocol (SIP) in
service provider environments. Operators are encouraged to present
SIP-related success stories, deployment issues and concerns in their
networks, while equipment vendors and other industry stakeholders are
invited to work with operators to present real-world deployment experiences.

The SIPNOC conferences attract leading technical and operations personnel
from the global carrier community and have earned high praise from
attendees for their educational, non-commercial and technical content that
focuses on the real-world challenges operators face when deploying SIP
services in global IP networks. SIPNOC 2014 attendees will include
telecommunications providers, major backbone operators, interconnect and
wholesale solution providers, ISPs, cable operators, wireless network
operators as well as large enterprises deploying major SIP initiatives.

SIPNOC 2014 Call for Presentations proposals can be submitted by visiting
the SIP Forum SIPNOC 2014 Call for Presentations
site<http://www.sipforum.org/content/view/374/275/>.
Possible topics can include SIP peering, SIP trunking, Emergency Services,
Congestion Control, Scaling and Capacity Issues, SIP-based applications,
Routing, Security, SIP-Network Operations Center Best Practices, IPv6
deployment challenges, User-agent Configuration, Standardization Issues and
Progress, HD voice deployments, Video Interoperability, WebRTC and SIP,
FoIP/T.38 Deployment, Testing or other issues facing SIP network
operations.

SIPNOC 2014 offers several different types of speaking opportunities
including:

   - General Session Talks: A General Session presentation should be on a
   topic of interest to the general SIPNOC audience, and may be up to 30
   minutes long (including time for Q&A).
   - General Session Panels: Panels are sessions with a moderator and a
   team of panelists. The panel moderator should submit an abstract on the
   panel topic, a list of panelists, and how the panel will be organized.
   Panel selection is based on the importance, originality, focus and
   timeliness of the topic, expertise of proposed panelists, as well as the
   potential for informative and controversial discussion.
   - Special Workshops: The SIPNOC 2014 program has been expanded to
   include special workshops that run for 2-3 hours, providing time to focus
   in-depth on a variety of issues important to the SIPNOC community. Topics
   can include a review of SIP RFCs and standards development, the regulatory
   environment, etc.
   - Research Topics: Researchers are invited to present short summaries of
   their work for operator feedback. Topics may include call routing, network
   performance, statistical measurement and analysis and protocol development
   and implementation. Studies presented may be works in progress. Researchers
   from academia, government, and industry are encouraged to present.
   - BOFs: BOFs (Birds of a Feather sessions) are informal sessions on
   topics which are of interest to a portion of the SIPNOC community. BOFs may
   be held in break‐out areas or in an unscheduled room. Requests for
   scheduled BOFs can be made at any time, including on site at the conference.

The following is a complete list of key dates for the SIPNOC 2014 speaking
program:

   - Presentation Abstracts Due – January 31, 2014
   - Draft Presentations Due -- February 15, 2014
   - Acceptance Decision and Notifications -- February 21, 2014
   - Draft Program Published – March 1, 2014
   - Final Presentations Due -- April 1, 2014
   - Final Agenda Published -- April 15, 2014
   - Conference Begins -- June 9, 2014

------------------------------

*SIPNOC 2014 General Info*

The SIPNOC 2014 event website is located at www.sipnoc.org.

To view the official call for presentations, which includes instructions on
submitting material and specific SIPNOC policies, please visit
www.sipforum.org/content/view/374/275/. To submit, visit
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sipnoc2014.

Registration for SIPNOC 2014 is officially open!

Special pricing for SIPNOC 2014 is now in effect! Take advantage of special
early-bird pricing now through March 1, 2014. The regular SIPNOC 2014
conference registration fee is $995, but for a limited time regular
attendees can save $145 and pay only $850 for three days of conference
proceedings. This fee includes a special welcome reception the evening
before the event with food and drink; breakfast, lunch and break
refreshments and snacks; and special networking receptions the first and
second night of the event.

*Individuals from SIP Forum Full Member companies save even more ($295 off
the regular price to be exact with special early-bird pricing)! Please
contact Marc Robins, SIP Forum President and Managing Director, at
[email-masked] <[email-masked]> to obtain the exclusive
Full Member discount code.*

Register today at www.regonline.com/sipnoc2014.
------------------------------

*SIPNOC 2014 Sponsorship Information*

For information about corporate sponsorship opportunities at SIPNOC 2014,
please contact Marc Robins, SIP Forum President and Managing Director, at
203-829-6307 or [email-masked].
------------------------------

*************************

Marc Robins

President and Managing Director

SIP Forum

http://www.sipforum.org

Mobile: 203-829-6307

SkypeMe! marcrobins

*************************

_______________________________________________
techwg mailing list
Send mail to: [email-masked]
Unsubscribe or edit options at:  http://sipforum.org/mailman/listinfo/techwg